Thread: Last move before trade deadline

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Last move before trade deadline

For team in sig, I have one move remaining for a free agent and was wondering what would be best. Keeping in mind that I have a big lead which of the following options do you think would be best?

Option 1 : Schmidt or Slavin in place of Walker

Option 2 : Ryan Strome or Burakovsky in place of Labanc

Option 3 : Markstrom or Saros in place of Varlomov as goalie insurance

After this last move I'll have 2 moves remaining between my starting lineup and farm team in case of injuries.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Last move before trade deadline

Does it make more sense to keep the move for playoff weeks so you can tinker as needed?
    None of them seem to offer a significant upgrade.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Does it make more sense to keep the move for playoff weeks so you can tinker as needed?
    None of them seem to offer a significant upgrade.
    We don't have any playoffs. Points count from beginning to end of season to determine winner. We can only trade for free agents till nhl trade deadline.

So if I don't use my last FA trade before then I lose it and will stick with what I have till end of season with only 2 possible moves between my starting lineup and farm team left.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Titan

Ahhh, that makes more sense. So who is on your farm team that could help out (trying to sort out if the move is worth saving).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Starting lineup in sig are in bold, but here's what my farm team looks like.

Forwards : Mantha, McDavid, J. Hughes
    Defense : Theodore, A.Boqvist
    Goalie : Varlamov

We can move players anytime between farm team and starting lineup (10 times during 1 season). I have 2 of those moves left so saving them for long term injury.

Right now I have around 6,5M$ in cap space left. I'm thinking my weakest position as replacement on farm team would be goalie (Varlamov). I'm considering getting a better backup but hesitating. Still a few decent options at forward and defense. Don't think there is anything better than what I own as far as keepers go so I've eliminated that option.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Ahhh, that makes more sense. So who is on your farm team that could help out (trying to sort out if the move is worth saving).
    To answer the question directly I've got Mantha and Theodore in farm team that can help out if injuries occure. Varlamov as my goalie backup.

Logic dictates I should maybe replace Varlamov... with Saros or Markstrom.

Also tempted to grab either Schmidt or Slavin in place of Walker in starting lineup to get more points. I'd still have my 2 moves with farm team but be limited because of cap space.