Thread: Keeper dynasty league advice for next year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keeper dynasty league advice for next year.

Keeper advice for next year

Keeper dynasty league, pts only, salary cap $83M
    6FWD, 3D, 1G, 6 Bank Prospects. Team consists of 10 forwards, five defensemen and two goaltenders during the regular season.

Not going to contend this year potential lottery pick. Looking for some advice on either some moves I can make before the deadline, or to keep the guys I already have and just let the season ride out. Thanks for all your input I appreciate it.

FWD
    Draisaitl, Zibanajed, Boeser, Tkachuck, Landeskog, Domi, Tavares, Garland, Gusev, Kreider. (Keep 6)

D
    Fox, Fabbro, Ellis, Heinola, Sanheim (Keep 3)

G
    Merzlingis, Shesterkin (keep 1)

Bank Prospects
    J. Hughes, Zadina, Dobson, Bathersen, Hayton (1 spot available)

I also currently have two out of three lottery picks for this season.

With the trade deadline quickly approaching I'd like to make any possible moves now before moving on with the season. Looking for more advice on the forward core as opposed to defense.

So the question I pose is, who would you rank my top six forwards as in a dynasty keeper League. is there the potential to trade one of my keepers for a better package, or do I stay pat, with my core?

Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keeper dynasty league advice for next year.

Things I'm unclear on:
    1. Which Tkachuk is it?
    2. How many teams are in it?
    3. What does "two out of three lottery picks for this season" mean, exactly. Is it that 3 teams are in the lottery, and you have two of those picks int he upcoming draft? Something else?

I think you can easily do get a keeper upgrade among your skaters, as you have some enticing pieces to deal. My plan would be to:

Figure out which goalie you want to keep. Deal the other one in a package to upgrade a keeper - you should be able to move one of those easily.

I think Ellis is the D I would likely make available for an upgrade, as I don't think he's going to work well at that salary. He might be hard to deal, though.

You have 2-3 must keep forwards: Garland, Draisaitl. Then it's 4 of: Zibanajed, Boeser, Tkachuk, Landeskog, Domi, Tavares, Gusev. If that's Brady Tkachuk he goesn to the must keep list, and you pick 3 from the rest, and I'd look at points per dollar of salary as a guideline. You can deal anyone you elect not to keep, and if it's close, making a big name available for trade may work well.

YOu shoul
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

To answer your questions. M. Tkachuck. 12 teams, two of the bottom teams I have their first picks for the upcoming draft (Lottery)

I was actually able, to make a couple moves today for a playoff push.

My Tavares and Domi for Horvat and Bergeron
    My Bergeron for Malkin and 25 draft points

So I have a new forward core of: Draisaitl Zibanajed Boeser Tkachuck Landeskog Horvat Gusev Kreider Garland Malkin

My defense hasn't changed. I was thinking about moving Ellis although I agree kind of tough right now seeing as he's injured. My plan is to keep Shesterkin as my number one goaltender.

With all that being said, I'm curious as to why you suggested I should keep Garland and Landeskog. Any particular reason you chose those two?

I appreciate all your advice, thank you very much for your time. Maybe you have some input on my adjusted lineup now.

Cheers,

Andrew

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Landeskog is in the mix as a keeper. I'm not sure how his contract is versus production, but I'm pretty sure he's roughly in the mix with some of the others I listed.

Garland is productive now on an entry level contract, and he's getting more icetime and production this year. He's a very nice value. You need some of those guys to contend, and if you have one on your roster, you keep him. He's the guy you have whop bring the most bang for the buck among the forwards.

Malkin is certainly keeper quality, and I think he goes into my list of no-brainer keepers.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I was leaning towards Garland myself. I've been high on him all year, hate to see him go know when he makes under a million. With that being said I think landeskog gets bumped out of the lineup as well as Horvat and I'm able to use those two pieces to maybe upgrade on my defense.

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it.