Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov Value

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kaprizov Value

Just wondering everyone thoughts on Kaprizov as i’ve held onto him what seems like forever however his value atm is as high as it’s ever been due to the likelihood of coming over next yr finally but I’m still weary of the russian factor. I’m high on him but I maybe it’s bias. Is it too much to think he may be close to the next Panarin? Or should I sell and get a pretty good player(albeit an older one-maybe Letang/Seguin type)
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Kaprizov Value

Who really knows at this point. The perceived value is still solid I would say but until he gets here and proves he can do it in the NHL, it's hard to gauge is actual value.

If you've held him this long, whats a little longer?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Guessing on transitioning KHL success is very difficult. He's got the fact that he's only 22 and having a large amount of success over there; which for player his age, in that league, is rare due to the fact that playing time is prioritized for veterans. If I had to guess I'd say he should be as successful as Kuznetsov points-wise (less so Panarin or anything like that) and we shouldn't forget he's heading over to a bad team. I would treat him as a top 5 propsect, which is exactly what he is.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd put him as a 50 point guy in his first season, then around 60-65 going forward with potential to hit 70. Panarin is an anomaly. Not too many players make the transition like he did so it may be unrealistic to think KK will.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's also worth noting he seemed very eager to come to the NHL next season.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Rookie

He will have all the PP and ice time he can get. I agree with Mike's assessment above
    Lamplighters - 12x champ
    12 teams (roster 18, keep 10)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Matthews, McKinnon, Zibanejad
    LW: JT Miller, Nugent-Hopkins, Ehlers, Forsberg
    RW: Rantanen, M. Tkachuk, Tolvanen, Vilardi
    D: Hamilton, Morrissey, Sanheim, Pettersson
    G: Saros, Skinner, A. Hill

NHL - 5x champ
    18 teams (roster 25, keep 21) + 4 slot minors
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, FOW, HIT, BLK, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Point, Jenner, Backlund, E-Ek, Stephenson, Lindholm
    LW: Kreider, Rakell, Moore, Perron, Sherwood
    RW: Rantanen, J.T. Miller, Pavelski, Roy
    D: Burns, Pietrangelo, Pionk, Montour, Harley, Middleton, Byram
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Talbot, Raanta

Dobber Sports Novice

Find a guy in your league who thinks he will become a Panarin level player, and it won't matter if he does or not to you! His value will likely drop when he starts playing in the NHL,
    1.Min doesn't score a ton so his numbers will likely reflect that.
    2. Making the transition usually takes time to adjust.

My advice would be decide what your doing with him early and sell him either just before the season when hype is high and everyone is optimistic for their teams or hold him for the entire year. Just make sure you don't sell him after 15 games when he's only got 8 points.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you can get a Seguin type player for him - do that.

Otherwise, just think. You've held on to him for how long? And why? -- the expectation he comes over THIS summer. He's a UFA in a couple of months.

Expecting Panarin is setting yourself up for disappointment, even if he becomes a 70pt Dadanov. No more Panarin comparisons/expectations please.

Him becoming a 30-30 player out of the gate... I'd place that closer to my high end of expectations.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I just moved Kaprizov in a deal to get Panarin. Figured I would take the actual Panarin instead of waiting for the next one. Which I dont think Kaprizov will be. He is headed to a bad team. Gusev hasnt exactly lit it up. I got a 1st rounder for Gusev right before he came over last year. Decided to cash out on the hype train again here.

Dobber Sports Master

If you can get Seguin, there should be no argument. Seguin is already what you hope Kaprizov could be. Its no risk. You know what you are getting. Take that deal straight away. I think the worst case scenario is an even trade.

Hmm interesting thoughts thanks for all the input. The way I look at it is there is a premium on young forwards who produce compared to older players which I’m inclined to put Seguin there. Especially with basically a full keeper league and from what i’ve seen of Kaprizov he looks like the real deal although I can see an argument on selling high right before he plays.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd sell him for Seguin for sure. I'd probably gladly take Letang as well, as he's great when healthy, but you seem pretty deep on D, and he's older than Seguin.

You have no salary cap, so the premium on younger players is just because people want them more, doesn't mean they are better.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Would you guys do M. Tkachuk and Kaprizov for Panarin or is that too much?
    8 Team Keeper League

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

I’d be getting the best player but Tkachuk is no slough either, and adding Kaprizov i’m not sure if it’s overpaying. Any input would help lol
    8 Team Keeper League

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    I’d be getting the best player but Tkachuk is no slough either, and adding Kaprizov i’m not sure if it’s overpaying. Any input would help lol
    I'm probably off base here, but I'd look at it this way. Is Panarin worth a player like Tkachuk AND a player considered to be an A+ prospect? I'm not sure I'd do it. My league is a simple setup, so I can't really say this would be good or bad, but probably not a deal that would be made in mine. Tkachuk is younger as is Kaprizov, and Tkachuk has shown he could at some point put up close or similar numbers.