Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

  1. #1
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Hey everyone! Im in a 1 year, 16 teams league(NOT the one in the signature)

    settings:
    Roster Positions: 4 Cs, 4LWs, 4RWs, 6Ds, 2Gs, 3bn, 3IR+

    Stat Categories: (G), (A), (P), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (FW), (HIT), (BLK)
    (W), (GAA),(SV), (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)


    Its my 3th season in this league and the trend continues to happen.... our commish makes like 8-9 trades every season and what is very questionable is that almost in every single deal
    he picks a FA or two( that are on a hot streak) but barely rostarable players
    and propose a 2 for 1 deal to someone. I know that half the leagues are his buddies(makes it easier to make a trade with them, to persuade them)... there are about 4 GMs that are his usual trade partners and donors.

    Let me show you some of his trades from this season:

    Traded away - JVR, Labanc and Toffoli(picke off FA) for Moran Rielly and McCann

    but Moran Rielly got injured and two weeks later:

    he got Erik Karlsson for McCann - Kovalchuk(just picked off waivers) and Williams(just picked off waivers)

    - he got Subban for Dillon and Koivu(just picked off waivers)

    - he got Hintz for Wood(just picked off waivers) and Tierny(picked off waivers a week earlier)

    But then his Hertl got injured - so he need a centre with some FOs - he picks Zuccarelo and Toffoli off waivers and the next day he traded them for Couture.

    -most recently he dropped Erik Kalrsson because hes out for the season and huess what happens he made another redicilous trade.

    this time he got Keller, Gallagher(top 100 player) and Klingberg( a valuable pp quarterback) for Rakell(who is around 230 ranked player all year) Toffoli!( the guy who was tradet like 4 times and been on FA a lot) and Donskoi(just picked off waivers the same day!) Donskoi who has like 2 points since December 10th....



    The Erik Karlsson trade happened on January 16th and we had a long conversation about trading and stuff, but this continues to happen. So should I quit the league after this season or what? I can't see how this is going to change for good anytime soon. Theres just a few people like me that are against these kind of trades, but most GMs seems like dont care or think that theres nothing wrong, nothing out of normal.

    I appreciate every opinion on this case. Thanks in advance
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  2. #2
    jd2665's Avatar
    jd2665 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    47
    Location
    Wentzville, MO
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Novice

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Question is do you think the trade partners are doing it simply to bolster the commish’s team because they don’t care or do you think he’s just found the guys who like to bite on the players who are on a hot streak? Maybe he’s good at identifying the players that other teams need and picks up FA specifically strong in the categories needed by potential trade partners. I’d call that just good strategy to identify the needs of a trade partner and be able to address it while improving your own team.

    If you think those other teams are just shipping off their best players to their friend then that’s different, but why go through all the trouble of being in the league to not attempt being competitive.
    10 team H2H redraft
    Scoring: G A +/- PPP SOG FW HIT BLK

    Goalies: W GAA SV% SO
    category win = 2pts, category tie = 1pt

    C - Zibanejad, Petterson, Wheeler(C,RW), Schenn(C,LW)
    LW - Marchand, Forsberg
    RW - Pastrnak
    LW, RW - Perron, Mantha, Olofsson
    D - Hedman, Edler, Krug, Barrie
    G - Bishop, Shesterkin

  3. #3
    LawMan's Avatar
    LawMan is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,145
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jd2665 View Post
    Question is do you think the trade partners are doing it simply to bolster the commish’s team because they don’t care or do you think he’s just found the guys who like to bite on the players who are on a hot streak? Maybe he’s good at identifying the players that other teams need and picks up FA specifically strong in the categories needed by potential trade partners. I’d call that just good strategy to identify the needs of a trade partner and be able to address it while improving your own team.

    If you think those other teams are just shipping off their best players to their friend then that’s different, but why go through all the trouble of being in the league to not attempt being competitive.
    Yup agree with this. None of those are egregiously bad trades. Seems like the commissioner is good at grabbing the hot hand and selling high. So long as the others will make the same or similar trades with everyone there's no issue here.

    Your first goal is to try and see if you can get a ride done with the guys valuing flavor of the week pickups.

  4. #4
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by jd2665 View Post
    Question is do you think the trade partners are doing it simply to bolster the commish’s team because they don’t care or do you think he’s just found the guys who like to bite on the players who are on a hot streak? Maybe he’s good at identifying the players that other teams need and picks up FA specifically strong in the categories needed by potential trade partners. I’d call that just good strategy to identify the needs of a trade partner and be able to address it while improving your own team.

    If you think those other teams are just shipping off their best players to their friend then that’s different, but why go through all the trouble of being in the league to not attempt being competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Yup agree with this. None of those are egregiously bad trades. Seems like the commissioner is good at grabbing the hot hand and selling high. So long as the others will make the same or similar trades with everyone there's no issue here.

    Your first goal is to try and see if you can get a ride done with the guys valuing flavor of the week pickups.

    I get what you are saying, but thats not the case. His usual trade partners are trying but they are simply not good at fantasy - when I check their ratings in yahoo, its shows it. And the fact that they make the playoffs once in 5 years..
    The commish literally proposes dozens and dozens of offers in a year. Maybe around 100 per season. Its not like he proposes a trade and these guys accept immediately. He know how to maneuver his way - I give him that.
    I wont call it that ''hes good at identifying the players that other teams need'' because of all the better players in the league hes the only one that does this at that rate. Maybe Im a little conservative because I average 2-3 trades per year.
    Aren't his trades too much? From moral point of view, I would NOT feel okay to claim the rankings off the top of the weak GMs heads..... I easily can make similar deals but I choose not to. Just because we had a conversation after the Erik Karlsson trade, I decided to make my first trade of the season - I traded Craig Smith and Vatrano(in his last game he had a hat-trick) for Meier. So you see that if you are better i nfantasy you can always make these kind of moves - 2 for 1
    getting the better player in the deal(usualy drafted in top 100-150 and playing top 6 mins/top pp mins) for two guys recently picked up off waivers that are just 3th liners in a hot streak.

    From moral point of view I dont like it. How would I feel at the end of the season if I won the league but half or more than half of my roster was build off these kind of deals? Getting 7 top 120 players for 14 free agent material players. Tricking poor GMs its not something I would be proud of, its not fun.

    Thanks guys. REP given.
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  5. #5
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    If you want to be serious about your fantasy leagues, then you need to be in leagues where all the GMs take it serious. If you feel a lot of the GMs are just there to be there, but aren't really there, then maybe look for a different league.

    I agree with the others that the trades don't look bad. If the other GMs arent engaged enough to see what he's doing, there's not much you can do about it. That's their fault and you can't fault the Commish for using that to his advantage.


    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  6. #6
    Rep Power
    3

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    When I read what was happening, I thought he was manipulating the waiver system. If he doesn't have top waiver priority and really wants his pick of guys every week, this would be how to do it. Thought maybe he was sending messages to guys before waiver to pick up certain guys and he would deal them certain players they may have wanted more. I think this is possible because if these guys aren't good at fantasy they wouldn't be picking up guys off the wire all the time, especially ones he's always looking to trade for.

    If it was me, I wouldn't want to play in a league like that one. I think trades are fun to think about and occasionally do but if he's making lots and lots of trades with guys who aren't very bright, it raises a lot of red flags for me.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

    22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***


  7. #7
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you want to be serious about your fantasy leagues, then you need to be in leagues where all the GMs take it serious. If you feel a lot of the GMs are just there to be there, but aren't really there, then maybe look for a different league.

    I agree with the others that the trades don't look bad. If the other GMs arent engaged enough to see what he's doing, there's not much you can do about it. That's their fault and you can't fault the Commish for using that to his advantage.
    Things are going there - Im gonna leave the league after this season. I will be looking for a new one so if you have something in mind, hit me up in a PM. Whenever it is between now and September
    And I agree with everything you are saying except that the deals are ok. At least the last one we can see that he is getting the two best players in a 3 for 3 deal. If you are getting the two best players, not only you should give better return, ut it should be a 2 for 3 probably. It seems its quite the opposite often.
    And yeah, it kind of more to blame the other GMs for that they arent engaged enough, but that doesn't make the commish that much less guilty.
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  8. #8
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    When I read what was happening, I thought he was manipulating the waiver system. If he doesn't have top waiver priority and really wants his pick of guys every week, this would be how to do it. Thought maybe he was sending messages to guys before waiver to pick up certain guys and he would deal them certain players they may have wanted more. I think this is possible because if these guys aren't good at fantasy they wouldn't be picking up guys off the wire all the time, especially ones he's always looking to trade for.

    If it was me, I wouldn't want to play in a league like that one. I think trades are fun to think about and occasionally do but if he's making lots and lots of trades with guys who aren't very bright, it raises a lot of red flags for me.
    Bold - Thats interesting way to think about it but thats not the case here. But actually seems like it... you and the others already said it - these guys arent that bright. Not that bright to a point that the commish is picking FAs, then makes them an offer and its done. There are some rostarable players all the time in the pool. Instead of giving a Karlsson for 3 free agent worthy players, they could have picked these FA by themselves..thats the ridiculousness

    Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated. REP NOT given to AXEMAN - have to spread some first

    We have limited transaction per season - 75 but that includes the playoffs which are 4 per a playoff week. So if you want to save 12 for the playoffs, you have to use no more than 63 in the regular season(about 3 per week)
    So most of the top teams doesnt us
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  9. #9
    LawMan's Avatar
    LawMan is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,145
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Sounds like you either have to join in the fleecing of the other GMs or get left behind. Fantasy sports should be fun, if the league is no longer fun then ride out the season and move on. No shame in that.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: L. Draisaitl (LW), S. Aho (LW), J. Pageau, A. Henrique
    LW: E. Kane, I. Kovalchuk (RW), T. Konecky (RW)
    RW: B. Wheeler, T. Wilson, P. Buchnevich (LW), K. Fiala ( C, LW) ,
    D: K. Letang, S. Weber, M. Giordano, D. Nurse, J. Petry
    G: D. Kuemper, M. Smith, J. Gibson, A. Stalock

  10. #10
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is online now
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    16,971
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    If it's a free league... then it's a pure crapshoot of who you get.
    If it's a pay league. I would want out cuz stupid can ruin fun.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  11. #11
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Sounds like you either have to join in the fleecing of the other GMs or get left behind. Fantasy sports should be fun, if the league is no longer fun then ride out the season and move on. No shame in that.
    Yea, yea, absolutely. Thats exactly my motto for playing fantasy. It should be fun and if the fun is not there anymore(for whatever reason) then move on from that particular leaue.

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If it's a free league... then it's a pure crapshoot of who you get.
    If it's a pay league. I would want out cuz stupid can ruin fun.
    Its a private league but the entry fee is optional. Those who don't pay the fee just dont participate for the winner's price(the winner take it all) If the winner is someone who didnt pay then the highest ranked of those who did pay gets it.
    Thats why when I entered this league for my first season I didn't participate in the prize. I wanted to see how things are going in the league before investing money in it. If you are playing for free in this kind of a league, the fun is gone. But if you are playing in this kind of a league and investing money, the fun is gone X10.
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  12. #12
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Just me, but I'd never play in a league where some teams are paying and others aren't. The teams that aren't paying don't care as much as the ones that are, and these deals are the result.

    Bush league.


    14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

    C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom


    FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

  13. #13
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    Just me, but I'd never play in a league where some teams are paying and others aren't. The teams that aren't paying don't care as much as the ones that are, and these deals are the result.

    Bush league.
    Alrighty. Actually the three best fantasy hockey GMs I know didn't play in a money league even once. They are just passionate about fantasy. But I do realise that they are very small procentage of all the people that aren't investin money in fantasy sports. In this league in particular I brought two of these players Im talking about and we are in the top 5 in the standing every year despite the fact that we aren't paying money. The commish and some of the others are friends in the real life and they don't have a problem giving money for this even though the most are not good enough to have even a slim chance of winning the ultimate prize So you see there are some cases where is quite the opposite of what you are saying
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





  14. #14
    Location
    Chicago
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    I understand your frustration since similar behavior goes on in a league I am in. The commissioner constantly picks up players and then eventually trades them to 2 bottom-dwellers. He is constantly consolidating talent by making 2-for-1 or trading free agent pickups for draft picks. It is not collusion or against the rules but it is annoying. I suspect that one of the owners just makes the trades out of friendship and I doubt he even knows who some of the players are in the trades. And what's worse is that I have tried to get in on the action but I barely get a response or get ridiculous offers. (One owner felt Bratt is worth considerably more than Doughty.)

    I suggest you distance yourself from the league. Just the fact that you are posting and responding so much in this thread shows that you are passionate. That kind of passion can lead to frustration and anger. This is what I have done and now just kind of roll my eyes or shake my head when I see one of these trades pop up. Another suggestion is to join another league. It's easier to care less about a team if you have another one to occupy your interest. I am currently looking for a startup league hoping that I find something I like better. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; February 19, 2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: typos
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- Keller, Trocheck, Schmaltz, Toews, Turris, Krejci, Little, Galyenchuk, Coyle
    RW- Simmonds, Stone, Vorachek, Toffoli, Wilson, Kaspanen
    LW- Skinner, Tatar, Johansson, Roussel, Hartman,
    D- Ristolainen, Barrie, Doughty, Hughes, Heiskanen, Fox, Niskanen, Spurgeon, McNabb
    G- Andersen, Demko, Shesterkin, Khahkonen, Crawford, Blackwood

    Notable Prospects-JHughes, Zegras, Podskovin, Newhook, Broberg, Glass, Bokk, Wahlstrom, Dorofeyev, Rob Thomas, Blatherson, Elvenes, LBrown, Valimaki, Berggren, Bemstrom

  15. #15
    j0hn_d0e's Avatar
    j0hn_d0e is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    25

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: Our commish continues to make these kind of trades. What should I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I understand your frustration since similar behavior goes on in a league I am in. The commissioner constantly picks up players and then eventually trades them to 2 bottom-dwellers. He is constantly consolidating talent by making 2-for-1 or trading free agent pickups for draft picks. It is not collusion or against the rules but it is annoying. I suspect that one of the owners just makes the trades out of friendship and I doubt he even knows who some of the players are in the trades. And what's worse is that I have tried to get in on the action but I barely get a response or get ridiculous offers. (One owner felt Bratt is worth considerably more than Doughty.)

    I suggest you distance yourself from the league. Just the fact that you are posting and responding so much in this thread shows that you are passionate. That kind of passion can lead to frustration and anger. This is what I have done and now just kind of roll my eyes or shake my head when I see one of these trades pop up. Another suggestion is to join another league. It's easier to care less about a team if you have another one to occupy your interest. I am currently looking for a startup league hoping that I find something I like better. Just a thought. Hope it helps.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Daydream. I already decided. The right decision is to leave this league and never look back. In the summer we can chat about possibly playing in a league together?! I will start looking for a new league around August so PM me if you find a league. Its funny that these kind of people act the same...your case with Doughty I mean - similar thing happened in my league just a few days ago. A GM(who is in the bottom) announced that Kassien is on the block(because hes SUSP at the moment) so I decided just ouf of curiosity to ask him waht would he want for him( I know, I know you are gonna say that this was a bad play by me, because I asked him to tell me what he want, instead me makin an offer) but whatever... he send me an offer Kassien for my Rust?!?!? the next day I see a done deal between him and the commish - Kassien for Donskoi how was picked up off of the free agency the same day - its atrocious.

    Big thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts about this case and good luck to all in the fantasy playoffs!
    1-Year, 16-Team H2H
    G,A,+/-,PIM, PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT,BLK
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 3 IR+

    C: MacKinnon, Zibanejad, Duchene, Getzlaf

    RW: Lindholm, Pearson, Coleman, Arvidsson


    LW: Hertl(IR), Landeskog, Brady Tkachuk, Haula


    F/BN: Stepan, Carter, N. Foligno, J. Staal, Pageau,


    D:
    Gostisbehere(IR), Petry, Hagg, Cernak, Johns, Murphy, Severson, Green

    G: Fleury, Markstrom, Jarry, Ullmark, Nedeljkovic


    Devils & Predators fan





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •