Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blake Coleman going forward

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Blake Coleman going forward

With Blake Coleman headed to Tampa, is there any chance he is going to see top 6 minutes? I mean they have up a prospect and their 1st round pick, so I'm hoping that's a sign of good news as a Coleman owner.
    16 Team Yahoo League (Daily line up changes, weekly H2H Format, Keep 15 players next year re draft)
    Starting Positions: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G
    Skater Scoring Categories:G, A, +/-, PPP, SHG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Scoring Categories:W, L, GA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C-Backstrom Trochek, Hischier, J Eriksson EK
    LW-Schwartz, Pearson,Nugent-Hopkins, Labanc,Marchessault
    RW-Rantanen, Konecny, Palmeiri, Fabbri, Vatrano
    D-Severson, Skjei, Niskanen. Sanheim, Werenski,
    G-Markstrom, Reimer
    IR-Mrazek, Rantanen, Klefbom

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Blake Coleman going forward

I'd say there's a chance, but he didn't get a lot of time in NJ in the top 6 until later in the season, it seems. Tampa's enough deeper than NJ that I think 3rd line in Tampa may be a better place than second line in NJ. He will still get a ton of shorthanded time, I'd think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I guess Coleman loses value for me as a keeper then, if he is playing 3rd line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I guess Coleman loses value for me as a keeper then, if he is playing 3rd line.
    He was playing 3rd line most of the year in NJ. If I was in a league like yours, and Coleman was on the block, I'd be very willing to grab him at a discounted price.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I expect to see him on the 3rd line as well, but that shouldn't deter you from him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

In my format, Coleman's biggest contribution is his mix of goals-per-game, hits, and SOG's, all of which are top 25 in his position.

He's currently averaging 17:02/gm and curious if the move to TB hurts his ice time, assuming no increase in PP time.

If so, I have to think his peripherals will decrease?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    In my format, Coleman's biggest contribution is his mix of goals-per-game, hits, and SOG's, all of which are top 25 in his position.

He's currently averaging 17:02/gm and curious if the move to TB hurts his ice time, assuming no increase in PP time.

If so, I have to think his peripherals will decrease?
    Almost guaranteed to see reduced minutes in Tampa I would think? My guess is the SOG/hits will take decrease some, but I don’t think similar point production is out of the question (around the .5 ppg mark) considering the talent in TB.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm in points-only league and I added Coleman when I thought he was going to the Avs. Now, he's a Bolt and I'm really hoping he gets 2nd line placement with Cirelli. If he gets that, I'll hold on him for awhile, if he doesn't, I'm dropping him. If he gets to play with Cirelli, I'm expecting more from him than he produced in NJ.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Master

He's a 28 year old player whose career high is 36 points. I think the most that you should reasonably expect is hits from the 3rd line.

Administrator

I think his offense drops. He'll get looks in the top-six but he'll also move around the lineup. He's not there to lead the way offensively. He's there to do a bunch of dirty work. He'll be a good multi-cat combo guy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

don't expect the bar to move much, unless down.

17min a game. I'll be surprised if he avg's 16 moving forward. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I'm in points-only league and I added Coleman when I thought he was going to the Avs. Now, he's a Bolt and I'm really hoping he gets 2nd line placement with Cirelli. If he gets that, I'll hold on him for awhile, if he doesn't, I'm dropping him. If he gets to play with Cirelli, I'm expecting more from him than he produced in NJ.
    I expect him to play a bunch shorthanded, possibly with Cirelli. If they show chemistry, that's a very good spot, as they could stay together at evens and on the penalty kill.

I'd expect him to get solid icetime, since they gave up a lot, and any 2nd unit PP time would be a lot better than any PP time in NJ.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Coleman is starting out with Gourde and Johnson on 3rd line.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Coleman is starting out with Gourde and Johnson. Droppable for us in points-only leagues.
    I mean Tampa is constantly changing up their lines so I wouldn't drop him quite yet.

Administrator

Coleman was never really worth owning in points-only

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust