Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Trade] Coleman to TB

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [Trade] Coleman to TB

Two completely different kinds of players. I think it makes sense that they got about the same, because Coleman is apparently pretty talented as well, just in a different kind of way, and I think it may be a rarer combo at the level he has it, but less valued.

Hall is a goalscorer who has the talent to get 30+ goals, and set some more up, and is paid very well for that. He's injury-prone though, and is a FA at the end of the year.

Coleman is a physical middle six guy who kills penalties under contract for one more year at 1.8M, and he's not really a playmaker at all. He can get you 20 goals without much powerplay time.

Honestly, pretty much every team in the NHL could find a use for Coleman on that contract, especially at the beginning of the year, when almost everybody has cap room.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    My real debate with this trade is would you rather have Zucker or Coleman? Basically the same price no?
    As mentioned, I think this comes down to the cap hit more than anything else. I am sure they would have rather had Zucker but at only $1.8M this year and next, Coleman is the smater trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The real point of this trade is to pave the way to re-sign Cirelli and Sergachev in the off-season. Between Cirelli and Sergachev and Zucker that's an easy choice.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great deal for both sides. Can't wait for Boston vs Tampa.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Nice sell-high indeed. This rarely happens in the NHL. Usually they sell low.
    I must echo eric, this is a very good sell-high and you have to imagine Coleman is thrilled to go to a contender like this. He will help Tampa for sure.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck