Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NHL Trade Deadline 2020

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: NHL Trade Deadline 2020

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's really the only way they move him out. At it'll take a lot of work I think. Not impossible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    After moving him off PP1 last night and Keefe sounding like he's not going back, makes me believe he is getting shipped out.

There is NO reason to keep Tyson Barrie if he's not running your PP. He's an extreme liability on D.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    After moving him off PP1 last night and Keefe sounding like he's not going back, makes me believe he is getting shipped out.

There is NO reason to keep Tyson Barrie if he's not running your PP. He's an extreme liability on D.
    Copied from what I said in the Leafs thread:

They've done 5F the last few weeks when late on the PP and there was a time in OT they went 4F when on a 4on3 (10 games ago).

They've been doing this before "calls for Barrie" were happening when Keefe was head coach. Wouldn't call it a guarantee because of that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Copied from what I said in the Leafs thread:
    I understand but I think 5F is the new normal, in all sits, not the gadget pulled out of Keefe's bag of tricks at end of regulation and OT. If Barrie isn't going on PP1, ever, why would you keep him at all given what he's shown defensively when he's not coming back next season. It makes no sense to keep him. I will be very surprised if Barrie is a Leaf late Monday afternoon. They're getting calls and will be able to move him.

The difference this time is Keefe's verbal commitment to go 5F from now on. Barrie is toast.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Titan

I understand but I think 5F is the new normal, in all sits, not the gadget pulled out of Keefe's bag of tricks at end of regulation and OT. If Barrie isn't going on PP1, ever, why would you keep him at all given what he's shown defensively when he's not coming back next season. It makes no sense to keep him. I will be very surprised if Barrie is a Leaf late Monday afternoon. They're getting calls and will be able to move him.

The difference this time is Keefe's verbal commitment to go 5F from now on. Barrie is toast.
    Because you can't get a much better defenseman at 2.75mill? Guy plays 22-25min/night and because he's not going at 60pts/season pace this yr we consider him trash and unusable.

Do I reject the thought the Leafs are exploring moving Barrie? No, it would be dumb not to if teams are calling. I even stated him moving would be part of a bigger move. Him out for stuff, that stuff for another d. It's just a hard thing to do.

BTW:
    64.3% of the Leafs PP last night
    4F-1D (D was Barrie)

21.4% of the Leafs PP last night
    5F

14.3% of the Leafs PP last night
    4F-1D (D was Sandin)

Leafs must be moving Sandin because he wasn't on for the PP.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

I butchered the context of Keefe's quote. Here it is: Keefe says having Hyman as net-front presence creates "good mix ... unfortunately that takes Barrie off, but we just like that look for those situations"

It is still for "those situations" like 5-3. Mea culpa.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Isles trading Ilya Sorokin's rights to Hawks:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...426988035?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Expert

Isles trading Ilya Sorokin's rights to Hawks:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...426988035?s=20
    Conflicting reports so far. Igor Eronko has a far from flawless record but he does talk to Russian agents and players. He may be more in the know than Dreger here.

Igor Eronko@IgorEronko

Per @SFedotoF Ilya Sorokin's rights are gonna be traded to the Blackhawks soon. I'm hearing the opposite. Lou met Sorokin's agent. There're some requirements from Ilya's side, A and B bonuses and Euro clause. 99% chance Sorokin coming to the NHL next year #Isles #Blackhawks

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Conflicting reports so far. Igor Eronko has a far from flawless record but he does talk to Russian agents and players. He may be more in the know than Dreger here.

Igor Eronko@IgorEronko

Dreger sent out a retraction shortly after. I should've updated this thread. My bad. Will do better.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Per Servalli:

Barrie of interest to Canes, VGK, CGY and VAN. VGK only interested if they can do an extension.

3 of the 4 places would be great landing spots. Since I own Barrie I'm hoping for Canes due to their playoff schedule.

Wouldn't want to see him land in VAN behind Hughes.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Gustafsson on verge of being dealt. Held out of Hawks game tonight:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...178192385?s=20
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Titan

Gustafsson on verge of being dealt. Held out of Hawks game tonight:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...178192385?s=20
    Have you seen anywhere saying it's "on the verge of". I've seen that it's just precautionary to keep their options open. Not determined one way or another yet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Have you seen anywhere saying it's "on the verge of". I've seen that it's just precautionary to keep their options open. Not determined one way or another yet.
    I have not seen or heard that exact terminology. That was my deduction based on the tweet.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Titan

I have not seen or heard that exact terminology. That was my deduction based on the tweet.
    Alright. Bit of a difference between on the verge of, and may be.
    Apparently Gustafsson's camp doesn't know anything about a deal at this point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Alright. Bit of a difference between on the verge of, and may be.
    Apparently Gustafsson's camp doesn't know anything about a deal at this point.
    I understand your viewpoint. To me, when a guy is being sat out purposely because they're trying to trade him, the person in question is on the verge of being traded. Hawks may be trying to trade Saad/Lehner/Crawford but they're still not scratched leading me to believe Gustafsson, who was scratched, is on the verge of being traded. The post you're referring to also had the tweet it was based on below it so anyone/everyone can see it and interpret it for themselves.

Will avoid creating any situations like this going forward.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

The Great One

Yeah - just like Namestnikov...no trade imminent, just protecting assets by sitting them to avoid injury.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch