Thread: Kaprizov for MacAvoy or Letang

Dobber Sports Master

Default Kaprizov for MacAvoy or Letang

Straight up points league, 10 teams with 27 man rosters. Have the chance to acquire either for KK. Fair price? Which would you want? Team in sig.

Need to replace Karlsson and Weber, who are out long term. League has no waiver wire, so trades are it.

Thoughts?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kaprizov for MacAvoy or Letang

That's a big hit to your D for sure, ouch. Are you in the mix to win your league? If you are, then I think you have to do this. Even if your not in the hunt, moving KK for either one of these guys arguably makes your team better I would think. Lots of hype and potential with KK but hype and potential will not help you this year and I would be wary of "the russian factor", you just never know with these guys, there is risk. My preference would be Letang in the short term, he's the guy in Pittsburgh while MacAvoy is buried behind Krug. If Krug gets moved then I like MacAvoy longer term. Your situation this year likely figures into which is the better choice, short term or long term. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

I would definitely keep Kaprizov over those 2.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

To answer questions I’m definitely in position to take a run. I need a D or risk playing with an empty slot for the rest of the year. This couldn’t have come at a worse time.

Any more thoughts? I’m loathe to give up KK but don’t really have many trade chips left, lest I cut into the roster.

I tried Mantha for Krug and that was refused. Letang and MacAvoy became available for what is my top prospect. Not sure of any other effective options out there.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd go get Letang. You cash in the prospect for a very good player, and then you are bit more loaded going into next year, as well as much better this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't think you have to many options here, you either go with a reduced bench on the back end which can't be a good thing or go out and get Letang and make your run. I guess it all depends on how highly you value KK. Personally, I make the move. If the rookie I'm moving is a generational talent or of such high calibre that I build my team around that then, OK, you let the championship go and build for tomorrow. I just don't think KK represents that kind of talent whatsoever.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf