Thread: Long Post, Detailed plan of my team? All feedback would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Long Post, Detailed plan of my team? All feedback would be appreciated.

Hey guys, i'm in 9th place out of 14 teams in my salary cap league. I would be in line to get the 1st pick which would net me Lafreniere. Problem is, I moved my 1st this year in another deal. I'll get back to that but here is my team as currently constructed:
    Centers: Bergeron, Cirelli, Tierney (Streamer), Kuznetsov (IR)

Left Wing: Benn, Drouin, Carrier, Niederreiter

Right Wing: Zuccarello, Kassian (Suspended), Konceny

Defense: Dahlin (Untouchable?), Lindell, Subban (Buyout Candidate), Josi, Zadorov, Werenski.

Goalies: NYI and LAK Tandem

Positions are 3 centers, left and right wings, 4 defense, and one utility spot.

Alright so I moved my 1st round pick to get Kessel off my books. We have a rule that states we can't drop anyone over 5 million. In the offseason, we can drop one player over 5 million as a buyout option. Hence why I plan to free up 9 million by buying out Subban.

So, i'm in talks to first, swap Kuznetsov for Scheifele. I would love to get Scheifele since he would fit my timeline well.

Now once I get that done, I have a couple of options.

Option 1: I could move Bergeron for Dvorak and my 1st rounder back. That would most likely net me a top 2 pick which leads to Byfield or Laf.

Option 2: I would do a deal like this:
    Bergeron
    Josi
    Konceny
    Benn
    For
    Larkin
    Laine
    Chariot
    Jenner
    his 1st.
    Option 2 is the 1st place team, but I like getting Laine and Larkin. The first option does give me a high pick but, is Laf or Byfield worth pretty much Bergy? And the team that does have my pick is in 8th, so if he falls to 9th and I fall to 10th, he could get the top 2 picks! I would love any feedback, Thanks for reading in advance

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Long Post, Detailed plan of my team? All feedback would be appreciated.

Option 1 isn't horrible, I mean some context would be nice like cats, how many teams etc. The thing that worries me is that you "most likely" land top 2. It has to be a lock. Bergeron is great but I he has missed 15+ games the last couple years and a handful this year. He's 35 this summer and plays heavy minutes. Not sure if he drops off next year but it could be sudden when it happens.

Option 2 I think you lose that deal by too much. Josi is elite, Konecny is having a breakout year and could have more room to grow and Beregon is great now and has lots of value. I see Chiarot as a nothing , Jenner as meh. Basically I see this as Larkin + Laine = Josi + Konecny and then you're trading Bergeron + Benn for a low top 10 1st and Jenner, when you said above you could get a top 2 1st and a young player with upside.

Again, categories and settings are important as well as your cap situation before making this decision
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Long Post, Detailed plan of my team? All feedback would be appreciated.

Alright, here are my cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, PIMS, Hits, Blocks. Goalie cats are: Wins, Saves, Save Percentage, GAA.
    Our trade deadline is on the 16th. There are 14th teams. 9th place gets 1st pick, 10th gets 2nd, 11th gets 3rd etc. I知 in line to finish 9th and the team I would be trading Bergeron to is just above me in standings in 8th. I may make a new thread or something if I get another offer from another team. One more question, would Laf be the option if I can get my 1st back?

Dobber Sports Titan

I would make the Bergeron trade, but try and get more added to it.
    I don't like the other deal.
    Yes, Laf is the guy you want.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would make the Bergeron trade, but try and get more added to it.
    I don't like the other deal.
    Yes, Laf is the guy you want.
    You don't like Option 2? I'm working to see if I can get more than Dvorak and my 1st for option 1.

Dobber Sports Titan

Bergeron and Josi is pretty equivalent to Larkin and Laine.
    Konecny is equivalent to a late first.
    Benn is worth more than secondary guys that are pretty close to FA value like Chiarot and Jenner.

If you moved these guys individually you could get Larkin and a pick for Bergeron, Laine and a pick for Josi, a late first and a replacement player for Konecny, and someone actually useful for Benn.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright. I'll give an update once I get a deal done

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that the first deal is good, and the second deal is not good. I don't even really care where your pick lands among the top few, I'd just want the pick back.

I think I've replied to you before with that limited dropping of expensive players, and cap management is important. You have a salary bright line number of $5M where players lose some transactional flexibility, you want to try and avoid non-stars at those prices. If you see a middling guy get an extension in season, and he's going over $5M next year, and he's tradeable now or similar to woire guys, you need to cut bait while you can and not get stuck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

alright, i知 looking to see if I can acquire Draisaitl and Hellebuyck to help me out to try to get a top 2 pick. If a guy is under 5 million and gets a extension next year ex. Josi then we can decide if we want to accept or decline the extension

Dobber Sports Apprentice

how much should I be willing to give up for Draisaitl? Is he worth Konecny, Josi, Kuznetsov? I知 not sure how much I should give up just to have a chance to get Draisaitl.

The Great One

Yea giving up Josi is too much. I like the idea of Laf (Or even Byfield) for Bergeron. What else can you get besides Dvorak?

Youre basically looking at a full scale rebuild imho- with Dahlin, your pick and probably even Josi as untouchables. With that in mind Id:

Approach the guy from deal 2 and see if you can get anything for Benn- I like Konecny too but if you have to package him together with Benn to get a good return Id do that. Benn is on the decline I fear and it will only get worse. His already problematic cap hit will become an anchor. Id do your best to turn him into even one of those guys (Laine, Larkin Chabot).

Id love to hear how you plan on getting Drai and Hellboy?

Do you have Samsonov or do you mean Greiss and Varly? Your goalies are a big troubloe spot. Id invest a fair chunk into Hellebyuck if that was somehow on the table.

Zuccarello might have trade value to get younger. Im partial to Werenski still having another gear but maybe shop him. Im really not a Drouin fan in multi cat formats so Id dangle him and tout his upside to get a more varied contributor. Almost no one should be untouchable and Id start by trying to solidify your goaltending. After that D is a team strength and you want to add gamebreakers or the upside to be a gamebreaker to your forward core. You need guys wwho at least have a shot at reaching an elite level. Youve got a lot of productive guys with "hard caps" in terms of productions- you need to sprinkle in a healthy amoungt of "upside" during a re-build. Nowadays a solid re-build should not take more than a season or maybe even two- tops!

Hit the big red button!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Drai is off the table. I have both Varly and Greiss so maybe I can get Hellebuyck? I was thinking doing Kuz, Konceny, and Benn for Larkin and Laine potentially. I probably will have to take more salary back since Benn痴 contract is a mess.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not sure this is a full-scale rebuild, honestly.

Goal: Quick is a problem contract. Petersen & the NYI guys are good pieces.

Defense: Subban & Lindell are problem contracts. Josi, Dahlin, Werenski are good pieces. Zadorov is a FA, so he's to be determined.

Forwards: Bergeron, Cirelli, Kuznetsov, Carrier, Konceny are good pieces. Benn, Drouin are okay. Zuccarello is either a problem contract or a problem contract waiting to happen. Niederreiter is either eminently cuttable next year or a problem contract. If your cap is salary, you've got a shot to cut Niederreiter & Zuccarello. If it's cap hit or AAV, they are problem contracts of various levels. Kassian could be anything, I'd be inclined to move him if there's a market for his goonery.

You can live with some overpriced contracts if they are productive (Benn) as opposed to albatrosses (Subban)

I wouldn't do Kuz, Konceny, and Benn for Larkin and Laine. I'd try and work Lindell in there for Benn, as he's not perceived as being a problem by many, and he's only 25, but he most certainly is a problem contract guy. I'm not sure that's a great deal for you, but it should be okay, and gets rid of a badly bloated salary in Lindell.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i知 looking to see if I can get Barkov, Miller, and Connor. I値l check back in once I can get something done

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey guys, just another question. I was thinking about moving Kuz, Josi or Werenski, and Konceny for a superstar. I was wondering if that would be a good idea and which guys should I target?