Thread: Do I Need To Make Any Changes?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do I Need To Make Any Changes?

My league's trade deadline is coming up, and I was wondering if I need to make deals or if I should stand pat.

The league works a bit different, we need to keep a player from each position, and they are drafted a round earlier then they were this year. If a player has gone undrafted, and has been claimed off the waiver during the year he would take up the last draft spot the next year if we decide to keep them.

Keepers for me are looking like:

C- Zibanejad (8th rd pick next year)
    L-Huberdeau (5th rd pick)
    R-JT Miller (15 th rd pick next year)
    D-Provorov (13th rd next year)
    G- Elvis (25th rd pick next year)
    12 team limited keeper league, don't get to keep our 1st rd draft pick and have to keep a player from each position (C, LW, RW, D, G). We also get to keep 2 FAs we picked up off the waiver wire during the year. League is set up as 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G

Scoring Categories are (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hit, Blocks)
    Goaltending Categories are (W, GA, SA, SV, SHO)
    Team Keepers In Bold:
    C:Zibanejad, Hertl, Schenn (Eller, R Strome, E Staal)
    LW:Huberdeau, Palat, Vrana (Tuch )
    RW:Miller, Reinhart, Connolly, Kassian
    D:Provorov, Morissey, Fox, Goligoski, Muzzin, Cole
    G:Rittich, Anderssen, Nilsson, Francouz

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Do I Need To Make Any Changes?

keeping Elvis over Frederik Andersen is absurd based off one season, he is nowhere near Fred for keeper value. Obviously he was a superb value pick but that team is too volatile and Frederik is an uncontested workhorse, he is more than worth the one round penalty to retain IMO.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    keeping Elvis over Frederik Andersen is absurd based off one season, he is nowhere near Fred for keeper value. Obviously he was a superb value pick but that team is too volatile and Frederik is an uncontested workhorse, he is more than worth the one round penalty to retain IMO.
    I completely disagree with this mindset. Keepers in this league are about value to a significant extent. Keeping Elvis as a 25th round pick over Andersen at what is likely a 1st or 2nd round pick, allows you to take whatever goalie you want in one of those rounds, and not worry about a second goalie. There's a chance that Andersen was a first round pick, and can't be kept in any event. Realize that every single 1st round pick from this year;s draft will be out there to pick from, and you don't want to miss out on a first round talent to keep a second round quality player. Andersen didn't suddenly take ahuge step forward in value, he's a high round guy, and will remain so, but I'd argue that he's likely not to have a significantly higher ADP next year.

Are your 2 FA guys in addition to guys drafted, or is a limit of 2 FA guys?

What will be the cost to keep Vrana?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Vrana was also a FA, so I'd get to draft him at rd 24 out of 25.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd have Vrana over Huberdeau as a keeper, then.

My experience with these sorts of leagues is in other sports, though I'm sure the concept translates just fine.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.