Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zucker

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Zucker

Is he going to be the next Dupuis playing with Crosby next 3-4 seasons, or he is more risky?

rep to all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Zucker

It's been a revolving door in Pittsburg for years as numerous players have skated with both Sid and with Malkin ,but few have been able to stick like Dupuis did, so yes there is risk. I like Zucker and I think he brings as good or a better a skill set plus a solid track record to the mix in Pitt than most that have gone through that revolving door. I absolutely think he is worth taking a shot on provided the price is not excessive. That said, anyone who plays 1 game on Sid's Wing immediately gets a big bump in perceived value, so trying to pry him loose from a Zucker owner could be tough. Meanwhile, Zucker owners are pretty happy campers.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    It's been a revolving door in Pittsburg for years as numerous players have skated with both Sid and with Malkin ,but few have been able to stick like Dupuis did, so yes there is risk. I like Zucker and I think he brings as good or a better a skill set plus a solid track record to the mix in Pitt than most that have gone through that revolving door. I absolutely think he is worth taking a shot on provided the price is not excessive. That said, anyone who plays 1 game on Sid's Wing immediately gets a big bump in perceived value, so trying to pry him loose from a Zucker owner could be tough. Meanwhile, Zucker owners are pretty happy campers.
    the price is Suzuki and Hayton...
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's a very stiff price. Clearly, the Zucker owner is trying to cash in big time on this change of circumstance. If Zucker produces and wins you a championship or puts you in the money it is arguably worth it but that's a huge if. If the end result of this trade is something other than that, then I'm passing. It's win now or build. You potentially win now with Zucker or build with Suzuki and Hayton. Gun to my head, I seriously question Zucker's impact in Pittsburgh and it's likely not enough to base a "win now" move on, this is the risk part. Personally I'd pass on this.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Is he going to be the next Dupuis playing with Crosby next 3-4 seasons, or he is more risky?

rep to all
    It is very much looking like he will be, if not better than Duper was.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Can you guys see Zucker making top PP? Or is he 2nd PP until end of season?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by b.27 View Post
    I could see it happening this year, maybe just to try it out once he's accustomed to the team? However once Jake'N Bake's back it will be PP2 for him moving forward.
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 13 players and 1 Goalie , +4 Young Keepers (players with less than 165 NHL games played -last season). Points for G (2), A (2), Hit (.2) SHP(1), Blocks (.2), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - E.Malkin, R.Getzlaf, J.Pageau, J.Toews, P.Danault, J.Marchessault

LW - B.Marchand, C.Keller, J.Guentzel, K.Connor,N.Gusev, J.Zucker, T.Toffoli, D.Kubalik

RW - A.DeBrincat,, V.Tarasenko, M.Hoffman, V.Olofsson, K.Yamamoto, R.Strome

D - T.DeAngello, T.Krug, Q.Hughes,E.Gustafsson, M.Borowiecki, J.Muzzin, S.Theodore, J.Klingberg, O.Klefbom

G - S.Bobrovski, F.Andersen, B.Bishop, I.Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see him bumping Guentzel off PP1 or out of the top 6, and I don't think anyone sees that, so this is a this year move, and hope he gets a wing spot with either Crosby or Malkin next year - which is more likely if it works this year. Either is fine, but Kessel went from a core piece to not a core piece awfully fast.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm more curious for this year. Considering grabbing him for a low draft pick.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by b.27 View Post
    For what it's worth, with Malkin out on Tuesday, McCann found himself back on the top unit in his place.

Pens PP1 is basically 4 players fighting for 2 spots (Hornqvist Rust McCann Zucker).
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

So with Kapanen in place, is Zucker still secure on 2 first lines ?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    So with Kapanen in place, is Zucker still secure on 2 first lines ?
    Zucker, Rust, Guentzel, and Kapanen should be the wingers in the top 6. Zucker is the better player with the better contract, so he'll continue to get the better deployment.
    Also Kapanen's speed game doesn't play as well as Zucker's style will on the PP, so the Kapanen move shouldn't affect him much.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think Zucker played well with Malkin and thats where he will line up more often or not. But that is a solid place to be.

And I think he can find his way onto the top PP whenever Hornqvist is injured or if they can move Hornqvist's contract out.

But I would not give up Suzuki and Hayton for him right now. Can you switch it to Hayton and someone else?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Zucker played well with Malkin and thats where he will line up more often or not. But that is a solid place to be.

And I think he can find his way onto the top PP whenever Hornqvist is injured or if they can move Hornqvist's contract out.

But I would not give up Suzuki and Hayton for him right now. Can you switch it to Hayton and someone else?
    I switched it to Hayton and Romanov. I also got Pageau. I was in playoff final four when covid stop my mission in March, lol...

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think Zucker processes the game fast enough to be more than a 55 point player.