Thread: Man Games vs. Production (rep)

Big Daddy

Default Man Games vs. Production (rep)

Points Only - Extremely shallow league (4 teams)
    G - 2 pts
    A - 1 pt
    PPP - 1 pt

Currently in first place and have a 152 point lead on second place, so this isn't exactly crucial but still looking for some feedback from my Dobber fellow.
    I just lost Erik Karlsson for the season and am wondering what the best play is to fill his replacement.
    Maximum moves for the season is 25 and I have only used 7 so far. I am thinking of streaming in players on a per week basis that have the off-night schedule the rest of the way (I have already added Barzal for next week's NYI schedule).

Giroux is currently my weakest link at 72 pts on the season.
    With the Karlsson injury I am currently rolling with 4 D rather than my usual 5 - with one being on the bench normally.
    I am considering adding one of the following - Nelson (72 pts), Lee (54 pts), Pulock (43 pts) or D Toews (32 pts).

Taking into account my current roster, next week's NHL schedule and today's games it would work out to be....
    Giroux - 3 man games
    Nelson/Lee - 4 man games
    Puluck/Toews - 5 man games

So my question is this: Do I drop Giroux for an extra man game for one of Nelson or Lee? Do I add a D-man in Pulock or Toews since I just lost one and get 5 man games until the end of next week? Or stand pat with Giroux?

I don't need to stream considering my lead but if I have the moves available I may as well use them. Or should I hold off a few more weeks on starting my streaming plan in case of injuries hitting my team?

Holding off on streaming seems like the responsible plan but it is also the boring one. I can afford to make 2.5 moves the rest of the season.

Will REP where I can.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Man Games vs. Production (rep)

I stand pat. If you had better options I'd consider making the move but those options are just not good enough, I stick with Giroux and roll with your remaining D. Given your lead, it's a pretty good bet you can survive the loss of EK.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Big Daddy

That’s pretty much what I’ve decided on. But these options were only to get me through to next week. There are better D options available other than Pulock and Toews. Not great options but a bit more appealing than NYI players..... Suter, Chabot, Provorov, Sergachev, Petry, Fox, Doughty, OEL to name a few.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pulock would be my add for now of the NYI bunch. He has been good of late, fills your need for a D, and they have a lot of games to close out the year. This is if you have an open spot though, I wouldn't drop Giroux for him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

I’m going to ride with what I have now (4 D, Giroux and Barzal) and then dump Barzal at the end of next week for the best player available with the fantasy friendly schedule.

Thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What are your roster requirements - specifically can you stream players in/out daily from your roster, or is it weekly locks?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What are your roster requirements - specifically can you stream players in/out daily from your roster, or is it weekly locks?
    Daily, but limited to 25 on the season. I have 18 moves remaining. Season goes to the final day of the NHL season. The reason I mentioned streaming weekly is just because it’s much easier to use the sites that provide weekly NHL schedules rather than figure it out mid-week on my own.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd stick with Giroux here. Save your moves, and save yourself the hassle.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk