Thread: hasek and his groin

Dobber Sports Pro

Default hasek and his groin

do you think that he\'ll be able to get atleast 40 wins or will his groin give out? detroit has a solid team yet again this year so he would be an option to take but I don\'t want the hasek of old where he goes on a streak of 10 games tweaks his groin and takes another 10 to rest it.

Also to add on, when would be a good time to draft hasek? my pool is prospected to be a 13 team roto league.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:hasek and his groin

With Hasek\'s age and injury history, I think it would be unlikely that he plays more than 50 games this season. So I think 40 wins would be attainable but unlikely. However, depending on the categories in your roto league, he still could be very useful since his GAA and SV% should be good and they don\'t depend on the number of games played. However, he\'s definitely a risky pick for the reasons you mentioned.

As for where to draft him, it depends on your positional requirements and your scoring categories. IMO in a non-keeper league including wins, GAA, SO, and SV%, he could be drafted about 8th to 10th of all the goalies.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Hasek proved last year he still has a year or maybe even two of solid hockey left in him. In saying that he\'ll only play 60-65 games even if he is heatly, those old fellas need a like more rest. So no, he wont win 40 games, id say 30-35, but if shutouts are a big bonus in your league he\'s a better pick. He\'s always a threat to have 6-8 shutouts even only playing 60 games with that crappy division Detroit is in. Id take Im in the middle of the pack of goalies so around 13th if you pool takes 2, but im not sure of your pools goalie stats, so not sure where you would rank goalies with players. Hope that helps a bit.

Dobber Sports Pro

goalie categories that counts are:
    W GAA SV% SHO
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hi McLaren

I think Raffi\'s numbers are close for Hasek - starts in the low 50\'s, wins in the mid 30\'s and a handful of shutouts with very decent GAA and SV%.

I think due to the risk factor he needs to be drafted as a #2 goalie but his projected numbers indicate he might be an on the bubble #1 in a 13 team league.

I guess in a one year league I would be looking to try and take him about the 10th to 12th round of the draft if I wanted him - at which point I would consider him to be a good deal.