Thread: Kravtsov vs Gurianov vs Buchnevich vs Gusev

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kravtsov vs Gurianov vs Buchnevich vs Gusev

I need opinion on these four players, I need to pick two of them and drop the other two. Whose upside is the highest in a Dynasty league with all standard categories except PIM and +/-? Who is the best to own for a rebuilding team that's loading up on prospects and young NHL players right now?

Does anyone else see similarities betweeen them?

Gurianov and Kravtsov both have struggled in the AHL after coming over in their D+2 seasons, but Gurianov is 3 years older. Is it reasonable to think that Kravtsov will just follow Gurianov's path and will need a couple of years just to get to the NHL? Both are former high 1st round picks. The way Gurianov plays right now in the NHL makes me think he has a higher upside, although Kravtsov is a bit of an enigma. Gurianov also looks like he "only" needs to jump over a few 30+ year-old veterans in order to get big minutes and so he has a clear way to a top six role in a couple of years (maybe even a top line if he's better that Robertson? Stars don't really have anyone else on the wings in the pipeline). Kravtsov, on the other hand, would need to push out some decent wingers just to get to the 2nd line.

Gusev stat-wise looks similar to Buchnevich, but it seems like he will have an easier time getting big minutes, since NJD doesn't have much talent on the wings, while Buchnevich would have to jump over Panarin and Kakko if he was to become a top-line player (assuming he won't get traded).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Kravtsov vs Gurianov vs Buchnevich vs Gusev

I think you have pretty much answered your own question. Gurianov and Kravstov are complete unknowns with no track record and neither are elite talents IMO. Gusev and Buchnevich are demonstrating what they can do in this league and I fully expect that both still have another gear in them. I keep these two and shop your rookies.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf