Thread: Starting Bob..definition of insanity

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Starting Bob..definition of insanity

Insanity has been described as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Bob owners keep trotting him out there and expecting something other than what his numbers all season have said that he is. Horrible. Playoff teams are probably stuck running him out there every game hoping that he'll find that spark the last 20 games but there is absolutely noting to suggest that even a turn around to decent is coming this season.

Administrator

Default Re: Starting Bob..definition of insanity

Meanwhile my combo of Markstrom, Demko, Stalock and Georgiev is doing well enough to get above-average results in a 12-team league

Goaltending is getting weird.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm starting Bob in my league in sig, due to him being my best option right now. I could switch to Andersen now that he's back, but need another Toronto D to do that. Plus, only one game counts per week, so it's more random than most leagues.

For terrible goalies, my other dynasty team had the following at start of season, start 2 G daily, W, SV% GAA, SHU:

Starters: Murray, Elliott
    Reserves: Delia, Konovalov, McElhinney, Merzlikins, Nilsson, Reimer, Shesterkin, Stalock, Sparks, Ustimenko

Cut this year: Sparks, Ustimenko
    Added this year: Greiss (in trade), Senn, Werner

My goalies are tied for 5th best overall. I was hoping for 8th-10th in a post before the season, and was told it wasn't likely to happen. With skating domination, the team is in first place.

We just don't know.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

contemplating dropping him for Stalock. I don't even care if he gets hot for someone else. We only get three add/drops a week, on Sun and Wed, so i couldn't even cut him in anger if I wanted to!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dynasty/full keeper or close to that, it's a horrible idea. One year, might work, but I doubt it.

Stalock is a tandem guy who's been average this year. Bobrovsky's been bad, but you'd be cutting a much more talented goalie for a guy who's a proven average to below-average NHL goalie with backup workload that has a career high in games this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.