Thread: Sean Monahan Question

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Sean Monahan Question

I was curious if last season was an outlier for him in season totals. I know he revamped himself this year and that's supposedly why his offensive numbers have regressed, but the numbers are more on par what he has done every season other than last year. I'm wondering if someone has helpful insight on him, is he truly a 60 point centre, or is there more offense there?
    16 Team Yahoo League (Daily line up changes, weekly H2H Format, Keep 15 players next year re draft)
    Starting Positions: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G
    Skater Scoring Categories:G, A, +/-, PPP, SHG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Scoring Categories:W, L, GA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C-Backstrom Trochek, Hischier, J Eriksson EK
    LW-Schwartz, Pearson,Nugent-Hopkins, Labanc,Marchessault
    RW-Rantanen, Konecny, Palmeiri, Fabbri, Vatrano
    D-Severson, Skjei, Niskanen. Sanheim, Werenski,
    G-Markstrom, Reimer
    IR-Mrazek, Rantanen, Klefbom

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Sean Monahan Question

Well he is attached at the hip to Gaudreau, so his floor is 60 points every year. But if the Flames ever decided to swap him and Backlund to spread out the offense, then Monahan could really be strained to get to 60. There is potential for more seasons like last season, but the reality is likely between 60-70 points every season. Not bad at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Sean Monahan Question

Monahan is a very good hockey player, but he tends to be overvalued (at least in my opinion) in most fantasy leagues after last year. Last year I think we seen his upside, and although I would not rule out him repeating that some year(s) I think the norm is going to be between 60 and 70 points.

I would draft or trade for him if you can get him at a 65-70 point player price, but more than that and you could be setting yourself up for disappointment more years than not.