Thread: Can you help me sort out this goalie mess? Will rep!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Can you help me sort out this goalie mess? Will rep!

Ok, I have made a serious mess of my goalie situation on an otherwise decent fantasy team. The fact that Kuemper and Andersen have been on-again-off-again about a dozen times has not helped. Last week I lost all 4 goalie cats (which I almost certainly would have won) because I didn't have 4 starts despite having 5 goalies on my roster. In addition to the injuries to Andersen and Kuemper, each of which had a projected start that was aborted, Mrazek and Halak both got benched an hour before they were projected to start. It knocked me down three places in our standings. Ugh.

So... I have 5 goalies. Mrazek is circling the drain, Kuemper and Andersen seem to have mysterious and long-lasting injuries, Halak has been dinged and Rask is back so he's not getting starts, and Shesterkin is 1-A-B-C... who knows?? Now a guy has offered me Bobrovsky in trade for Connor. And Reimer is now a FA in my league - could be either a replacement or a handcuff for Mrazek. Could this s*it-storm get any more confusing?

I guess I can keep Kuemper and Andersen rotating in my one IR slot because it seems dumb to dump either of them. But how do I manage the rest of these turds? I really do not want five goalies. Right now I'd be ok with three who get me 4 starts, plus one on IR. What would you do? I have no idea. I just get depressed every morning looking at my lineup and the skater slots I'm not filling because I'm carrying dead goalie weight.

Andersen, Kuemper, Halak, Mrazek, and Shesterkin, with Reimer and Bobrovsky available to me - what to do??

Thanks guys!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Can you help me sort out this goalie mess? Will rep!

I would drop Mrazek, and run with your set for now. Up to you if you think the Bob move makes sense. Would there be a market to then move Halak or Kuemper after making that deal?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

Reimer for Halak to get a more 'needed' handcuff, and no to the Bobrovsky trade. Bob has improved quarter over quarter (https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...rgei-bobrovsky) but not enough to make him worth Connor who ranks second on the "hottest players" list: https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...ool_hotnot.php
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Andersen is expected to be back tonight (practicing in starter net) so I think the situation will get better for you soon. Carolina does have a good schedule in playoff but ya Mrazek has been really bad in past couple of months..
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. I will definitely veto the trade for Bob. Andersen appears to be starting tonight, so that would be a bad move to trade for Bob, especially if it costs an asset like Connor.

Interesting that none of you mention dropping Shesterkin. I wish this was a keeper league, but it's not. But the guy is headed for his third straight start and he has been money. Hard to believe that Geogiev and the King won't make this a three-headed monster unless Georgy gets traded. But it's tempting to keep Shesterkin for a while, and see if he's this year's Binnington (or maybe 2015's Hutchinson). So that gives me one drop to make - either Halak or Mrazek.

Now, for the rest of them... I like EB's suggestion to drop Mrazek due to CAR's slump. I have a hard time letting Halak go. But I don't want to ingnore Dobber's advice. Dobber, you really like the two CAR goalies better than Halak as a spot starter? That nets me one more once Kuepmer and Andersen are healthy. I'd have four goalies and would need to drop or move one. And I'd have to be a big believer in CAR's big run to the playoffs. Which, though I live in Raleigh, I am not.

Still trying to decide. Leaning right now towards dropping Mrazek, praying that Andersen is healthy so I can get my starts, keeping Halak and Shesterkin for now and if (it's a big IF), Kuemper and Andersen do come back in good shape, I'd try to make a trade to get down to three if they're all off IR (hope springs eternal).

What do you guys think?
    IR+

Dobber Sports Ace

i think 1 of the nyr goalies will be traded prior to the deadline so that should at least clear up the 3 headed monster in the big apple. just remember how hot mrazak got last year during the fantasy playoffs. i remember because i lost in the finals due to it. ugh. but nonetheless reimer is playing well now, but things can change quickly in car, they seem to be wanting mrazak to take the reigns, and i dont know if they have enough faith in reimer not to be a buyer for goaltending before the deadline.

i'd hold pat on what you have until kuemper gets healthy then try and cross that bridge especially with freddie back healthy.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Stud

Naturally, Shesterkin went DTD today. I just can't win. Hey, if you need a goalie to get hurt and open a slot on your roster, let me know. If I put him on my team it's a guaranteed IR. I'm 5 for 5 in goalies missing starts due to injury in the last 10 days.
    IR+

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    Naturally, Shesterkin went DTD today. I just can't win. Hey, if you need a goalie to get hurt and open a slot on your roster, let me know. If I put him on my team it's a guaranteed IR. I'm 5 for 5 in goalies missing starts due to injury in the last 10 days.
    on the bright side, at least he's the clear no1 there...https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/st...20069243985920
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ace

Radulov and Wheeler just went on the IR and DTD for me today and i already have a maxed IR+. i know your pain...
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I have 5 injured guys on a 33 man roster, starting 22 with no IR. Andersen coming back gives me a backup goalie again, at least.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.