Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Rally the league to change it back. Quit the league next year.

The commissioner in my league entered his buddy into the pool without the guy knowing, drafted his team(a couple questionable picks in the early rounds) and made all his roster changes throughout the season, refused trades etc. The guy still doesn't know. How serious a transgression do people think that is?
    That's worth ending the friendship over if I'm his "buddy" or if you have a real team in the league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If this were on fantrax. I'd almost be tempted to copy the pool into another as the commish - exclude that manager (leave the team unowned rest of season) and invite everyone else over & just set the vacant teams line up rest of season. At least this way the rest of you could somewhat fairly finish off the season.
    This is genius.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

so what standings tiebreaker was used the previous 3 seasons ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The *ONLY* way I'm ok with this is if this is how it should have been set up from the get go, and there's proof of that. Otherwise, major foul.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Glad he changed it back, but the Rubicon has been crossed. You can never have full faith in this commissioner ever again. I've left careers over things like this. If you don't feel like you can trust those who hold power, there really is no point in participating.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mrlilhands View Post
    There was no mention of it and I don't believe we have a league constitution. It's a pay league that's been going for 4 years and he's been commish each year. It is our first year on Fantrax and apparently the settings are confusing, but still...
    I shared this thread with him and he has changed it back.
    Glad to hear it was changed back.

If the league is otherwise well managed and you enjoy it I would be inclined to forgive (not forget) and move on. It is entirely possible that he did misset the settings, having never checked them as this issue never came up before and that in his heart of hearts the Commissioner thought the settings he changed to were what "everyone agreed to". Since he realized the error of his ways and reversed it the damage is minimal. Commissioner is a thankless job and although this was a major foul "everybody gets one" as Spiderman says...

Also this is a good time to go thru all league settings to make sure they are what you expect and to state that he cannot make any changes going forward.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    That's is not something I have ever thought of. Ghosting the commish. LOL
    if everyone enjoys the pool.. why start full afresh? Replacing 1 is far easier than finding 11.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Mutiny!!!!!!!! Gimme my money back too, yah greasy dirtbag!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if everyone enjoys the pool.. why start full afresh? Replacing 1 is far easier than finding 11.
    ... Should I be worried? lol

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko