Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

was it loud and clear in the leagues constitution that total fantasy points was tiebreaker #1 ? I'm not defending your commish but it could be something he overlooked when setting league up back in september ; especially if he's a rookie commish .

most casual h2h leagues I play in use the best record v.s teams tied with tiebreaker so maybe that was his intention all along . obviously have a chat with him

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

If it went down like you said it's obviously laughable corrupt. If you know the commissioner I would ask for an explanation, it's such an insanely unfair maneuver I almost cannot believe he think he'll get away with it.

I'm a bit confused by the post. Did the commissioner change tie-breaker? You say the 1st criteria was changed to "head-to-head record vs all tied teams" which sounds like a tie-breaker. That makes it only slightly less terrible to change and it's still not cool but just looking for clarity.

Anyways, raise hell, demand an explanation and a reversal, rally support of other owners.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd be destroying the league chat and getting everyone in the pool up in riot. I'd probably write a letter to the other GM's - calmly - and e-mail it out to ensure this is brought to everyone's attention.

If this were on fantrax. I'd almost be tempted to copy the pool into another as the commish - exclude that manager (leave the team unowned rest of season) and invite everyone else over & just set the vacant teams line up rest of season. At least this way the rest of you could somewhat fairly finish off the season.

If this is a pay league... man...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

It's amazing how little shame some people can have, and how low they would go to try and steal a tainted win. Screw that commish and his league.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Full load baby diaper crap.

All league rule changes should be voted on by all GMs with a majority required to pass. This should be done in the offseason. In season changes should never even cross a mind.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If this were on fantrax. I'd almost be tempted to copy the pool into another as the commish - exclude that manager (leave the team unowned rest of season) and invite everyone else over & just set the vacant teams line up rest of season. At least this way the rest of you could somewhat fairly finish off the season.
    That's is not something I have ever thought of. Ghosting the commish. LOL
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    That's is not something I have ever thought of. Ghosting the commish. LOL
    Harsh. I'm right here. sad face emoji
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Make the jump and get the hell out of there. Bush league.

Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    If it went down like you said it's obviously laughable corrupt. If you know the commissioner I would ask for an explanation, it's such an insanely unfair maneuver I almost cannot believe he think he'll get away with it.

I'm a bit confused by the post. Did the commissioner change tie-breaker? You say the 1st criteria was changed to "head-to-head record vs all tied teams" which sounds like a tie-breaker. That makes it only slightly less terrible to change and it's still not cool but just looking for clarity.

Anyways, raise hell, demand an explanation and a reversal, rally support of other owners.

Yeah he changed the tie breaker from points to h2h record, which would have been ok months ago and with a heads up. But not the last week of the season.
    14 teams H2H weekly matchups

Scoring: 3G, 2A, .1SOG, 1PPP, 2SHP, .25 Hits, .25 Blocks

-1GA, 1OL, .1SV, 3SHO, 5W

F - Aho, Giroux, O'Reilly, Kane, Duchene, Rust, Strome, Zibanejad, Couture, Kaprizov, Konecny, Stone

D - Hamilton, Schmidt, Bouchard, Chiarot

G - Binnington, Ullmark

IR - Kane

Dobber Sports Rookie

I totally agree! If you're going to do something mid season it needs to be voted on before implementing it.
    I shared this thread this thread with him and he has changed it back, so all is well for now.

F - Aho, Giroux, O'Reilly, Kane, Duchene, Rust, Strome, Zibanejad, Couture, Kaprizov, Konecny, Stone

G - Binnington, Ullmark

IR - Kane

Dobber Sports Rookie

There was no mention of it and I don't believe we have a league constitution. It's a pay league that's been going for 4 years and he's been commish each year. It is our first year on Fantrax and apparently the settings are confusing, but still...
    I shared this thread with him and he has changed it back.

G - Binnington, Ullmark

IR - Kane

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Run! View Post
    I'd quit. It's gamed. You can't strategize for a year only to have the rules change. Whatever, i'd walk and find a new league.
    I agree 100%. Strategy is the name of the game and without everything set in stone before the season starts, things like this end up happening.

G - Binnington, Ullmark

IR - Kane

Dobber Sports Initiate

That's pretty funny. My brother was in a league with a group of life long friends. During a regular H2H matchup (not playoffs), The commish changed his own line-up at week's end to give him the win over his opponent. Crushed the league and ended friendships.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Just walk away peacefully. It's not worth causing a big drama over a fantasy league. Be honest but also don't throw anyone under the bus.
    What??! Seriously! What?! Don’t do this.
    That commish is a crooked mofo.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Just walk away peacefully. It's not worth causing a big drama over a fantasy league. Be honest but also don't throw anyone under the bus.
    I disagree with this in part.

Being honest points at the commissioner, who will then be (rightfully) thrown under the bus.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.