Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

The commissioner who was in 2nd place changed the rules from the team with the highest record and most points being 1st place to the h2h results to determine the standings.

Before

1=Most fantasy points for entire season, 2=Head-to-head record vs. all teams tied with, 3=Least fantasy points against for entire season

After

1=Head-to-head record vs. all teams tied with, 2=Most fantasy points for entire season, 3=Least fantasy points against for entire season

This has resulted in the 1st place team with the highest points to now being 3rd and the Commissioners team moving to first.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is a load of crap? Making changes to a league in the final week of the regular season like this just feels like collusion. If it had been done months ago, fine, but not the week before the playoffs are to start, which the actual schedule is not set in stone because as of right now the championship match is 4 weeks long.

What do you all think and what would you do?
    14 teams H2H weekly matchups

Scoring: 3G, 2A, .1SOG, 1PPP, 2SHP, .25 Hits, .25 Blocks

-1GA, 1OL, .1SV, 3SHO, 5W

F - Aho, Giroux, O'Reilly, Kane, Duchene, Rust, Strome, Zibanejad, Couture, Kaprizov, Konecny, Stone

D - Hamilton, Schmidt, Bouchard, Chiarot

G - Binnington, Ullmark

IR - Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Outrageous. That would be my last day in that league. Unless he changes it back, all of you should walk, but I'm guessing only ones affected would contemplate such a thing.

Look forward to seeing where this one goes.

Sorry, you play in a league with a corrupt commissioner.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Commissioner Changed Rules the Week Before Playoffs are "Supposed to Start"

Sooo..... I’d so quietly nod and smile, then quit the league 5 minutes before next year’s draft. Two can play his game.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd quit. It's gamed. You can't strategize for a year only to have the rules change. Whatever, i'd walk and find a new league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That is total horseshit. As everyone else has said... I'd walk!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

any changes mid-season should not be taken lightly, and at minimum run by the entire league for a unanimous vote. What's to stop him from just making this one change now.
    I agree with the consensus that it's not a league I would want to be a part of.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Nope. Commissioner overstepping responsibilities. Whether or not it gets reversed, the trust is gone. I would leave.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Two can play games like that. Leave just before the draft haha
    14 Team H2H- Keep 6
    Start 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2G Daily 16 roster spots
    G,A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SO

2022/23 Draft Picks:1,1,2,3,4,4,5,5,10,10

Keepers for 2022/23 season:

A.Svechnikov
    Debrincat
    B. Tkachuk
    Raymond
    Batherson
    J.Hughes

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Nope. Commissioner overstepping responsibilities. Whether or not it gets reversed, the trust is gone. I would leave.
    I agree with this. The trust is gone. I might stay til the end of this season, if reversed, just because I put so much work into it, but walking now or later is a must.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9 View Post
    Two can play games like that. Leave just before the draft haha
    And trade all your good players to a competitive team right before the trade deadline! haha

REVENGE!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Just walk away peacefully. It's not worth causing a big drama over a fantasy league. Be honest but also don't throw anyone under the bus.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

If its a league within friends, I would ask the commish for an explanation and revert. You can always quit or ask someone else to be the commish. No need to lose friendship over it.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

I...am your father.

Laughable, if it happened as you say it did. Shameless, and yes there is no question I would quit. But first I would push hard to change to initial rules and try to finish out the season.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rally the league to change it back. Quit the league next year.

The commissioner in my league entered his buddy into the pool without the guy knowing, drafted his team(a couple questionable picks in the early rounds) and made all his roster changes throughout the season, refused trades etc. The guy still doesn't know. How serious a transgression do people think that is?
    13 team Yahoo One Year/Points Only
    No Drops left. No Bench. No IR
    1 pt: g/a/ +1 gwg
    2 pts: w, +3 pts: shutout
    F: Pastrnak, Giroux, Trocheck, Meier, Marchand, Scheifele, Kadri, DeBrincat,
    D: Krug, J.Schultz, DeAngelo, Brodie
    G: Vasilevsky, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Rally the league to change it back. Quit the league next year.

The commissioner in my league entered his buddy into the pool without the guy knowing, drafted his team(a couple questionable picks in the early rounds) and made all his roster changes throughout the season, refused trades etc. The guy still doesn't know. How serious a transgression do people think that is?
    Very offside. That's not the commissioner entering his buddy into the league, that's the commissioner having 2 teams in one league.