Thread: Goalie keeper

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Goalie keeper

Hello everybody,
    I have a big decision coming in the off-season. I’m in a 12 team keeper,4fwd/2d/1g.
    My keepers as of now would be barzal/Stamkos/giroux/ehlers/couture(4out of those 5), s Jones/josi and vasi/Bishop/shesterkin.
    Since I can only keep 1 goalie and my forward keepers not being the strongest do I trade vasi and bishop to improve forwards and get picks, or is it too risky keeping Ilya?
    Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Goalie keeper

I'd definitely keep Vas and trade Bishop or Ilya.. in a limited keeper there's no reason to keep a rookie goalie over a proven one.

I'd try to upgrade Giroux or Ehlers with those two goalies.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ya I tried trading bishop at our trade deadline but didn’t get anything worth trading him for. Hopefully get better offers in off-season

Dobber Sports Initiate

Id only trade Vas if it can land you McDavid or Draisatl.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I assume mean Igor Shesterkin, not Ilya Samsonov?

Wait and see what happens this summer. If Georgiev is traded and Shesterkin gets the lion's share of starts for the rest of this season, then I think you have to give some real though to moving Vas and keeping Shesterkin, assuming you can get a big name young F back in return.

I'm not thrilled for you that you have to keep two of giroux/ehlers/couture...

Dobber Sports Recruit

I also have jarry as a potential keeper, if he we’re to become a true #1 either in Pitt or elsewhere

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Hubey95 View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I have a big decision coming in the off-season. I’m in a 12 team keeper,4fwd/2d/1g.
    My keepers as of now would be barzal/Stamkos/giroux/ehlers/couture(4out of those 5), s Jones/josi and vasi/Bishop/shesterkin.
    Since I can only keep 1 goalie and my forward keepers not being the strongest do I trade vasi and bishop to improve forwards and get picks, or is it too risky keeping Ilya?
    Thanks in advance
    I don't think there is any question that you keep Vas over the others unless you can get a top player for him. My top range is wider than just McDavid and Drasaitl. I would add Kucherov, Pasternak, MacK, and Matthews to that list. I think Bishop is good enough to go with as your goalie keeper if you can get one of the top offensive players for Vas.

Keep your D.

Try to add Grioux, Ehlers or Couture to the trade to get the top skater.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Please clarify which goalies you own, as you mention Jarry in a later post, and also mention Ilya and Shesterkin, who are different people.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.