Thread: Stastny vs. Kovalchuk ROS

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Stastny vs. Kovalchuk ROS

Paulie Walnuts is one of the hottest fantasy hockey players going for a points-only league. He has 6g and 9a in his last 14 games. He's up with Marchessault and Smith and on 1st PP.

Kovalchuk has 11 points in his last 15 and has fallen down in the lineup and no PP1.

Just curious to read some thoughts on these two ROS. I'm strongly tempted to drop Kovalchuk in favor of Stastny.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

I...am your father.

Default Re: Stastny vs. Kovalchuk ROS

The only issue I have with that is Stastny's proneness to injury. Otherwise, I think it's a good move. When Stastny gets hurt you can always pick up Kovy again unless someone else scoops him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

i just wonder what happens to stastney when wild bill works his way back to game shape
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The only issue I have with that is Stastny's proneness to injury. Otherwise, I think it's a good move. When Stastny gets hurt you can always pick up Kovy again unless someone else scoops him.
    Thank you for the reply, Dobber. Great having you answering queries in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3E3E
    Blues_fan1000 [/COLOR]
    ]i just wonder what happens to stastney when wild bill works his way back to game shape
    Poor Walnuts. He'll probably go right back to the 3rd line and disappear into obscurity. I saw WK was back last night. The shutout can be used as validation to bump Stastny down and WK back up with his mates.

Decided to hold on Kovy, for now, while I see what happens with WK but he's burning a hole in my pocket as far as wanting to move on from him. Wanted to try and hold out until trade deadline to see if he got dealt. That new car smell on him has faded some.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***