Thread: Jake vs Igor - who would you start?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Jake vs Igor - who would you start?

Jake Allen on the road vs Anaheim or Igor Shesterkin on the road vs Winnipeg

Jake has lost his last two starts but has put up quality starts in both and is playing against a somewhat mediocre team in Anaheim.

Igor has won his last three starts but all were at home and were against LA, TOR and DET. This time he's on the road against a tougher opponent.

I know asking these questions is a crap shoot for you to answer but who you would be going with tonight?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Jake vs Igor - who would you start?

I'd start Allen. Anaheim's offense is meh. The only thing that might lean in Igor's favor is the fact that St. Louis hasn't been playing well the past week and a half. I'd start Allen only because he has a higher probability to get you a W.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Give me Allen as well.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't trust Allen over Shesterkin at any point, honestly.

I figured this was going to be about Markstrom not Allen.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Allen has been stellar this year. 2.26 GAA and .925 % on the best team in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Allen has been stellar this year. 2.26 GAA and .925 % on the best team in the West.
    I know. I'm counting on this being his fluke great season if he keeps it up, but he's not that good in general. The fact that he isn't getting enough starts to go into one of his funks is probably helping. GAA is partly a team stat, of course.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I know. I'm counting on this being his fluke great season if he keeps it up, but he's not that good in general. The fact that he isn't getting enough starts to go into one of his funks is probably helping. GAA is partly a team stat, of course.
    That's the problem ; Jake Allen has been pretty solid this year so he's becoming a must start when he's in. I went with Allen but who could gave foreseen the Bouwmester incident happening.

Great game for Igor too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's the problem ; Jake Allen has been pretty solid this year so he's becoming a must start when he's in. I went with Allen but who could gave foreseen the Bouwmester incident happening.

Great game for Igor too.
    Nobody could've foreseen the postponement. Bouwmeester's health is the most important thing, however commissioners need to be aware how the stats from this postponed game will get treated. Additionally, players could get traded, etc. That's common in MLB when games are postponed, but most other major sports don't have games postponed.