Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TRADE] Zucker traded to Pittsburgh

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [TRADE] Zucker traded to Pittsburgh

i dont think rust is going anywhere on the pp. he's been shown to produce with both sid and geno. if anything, may get a shot over horny, but thats a big maybe
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    What advanced stats are you looking at? Natural Stat trick has him as the 12th best forward (among the Wild regular forwards) for Expected Goals For % (ahead of only Luke Kunin). He's 12th in High Danger Scoring Chance % ahead of only Victor Rask. He's 11th in Corsi For % ahead of Zuccarello and Kunin. He's 12th in Fenwick % ahead of only Kunin.

I also don't think Zucker is going to be a happy camper in Pittsburgh seeing as his wife and their 2 kids (plus her child from a previous relationship) will not be moving to Pittsburgh due to the shared custody of the eldest child.

With all that said, Zucker has the ability to go on a heater for the rest of the year and score a ton of goals. When he's motivated, he can be a great scoring winger.
    Those numbers change pretty significantly if you look at 2016-2019. 5th in Corsi, 4th in Fenwick, 4th in SF%, 2nd in GF%, 4th in xGF%, 3rd in SCF%, 5th in HDCF%, 1st in HDGF%.

Corsi he's behind Niederreiter, Pominville (78 games), Haula (72 games), and Staal
    Fenwick he's behind Pominville, Niederreiter, and Haula
    Shot share he's behind Pominville, Niederreiter, and Haula
    Goal share he's behind 52 games of Graovac
    Expected goal share he's behind Pominville, Granlund, and Haula
    Scoring chances he's behind Koivu and Granlund
    High Danger chances he's behind Granlund, Koivu, Haula, and Ennis

Now maybe 45 games with an injury in there and all the trade uncertainty is the new normal for Zucker. It would be irresponsible to pretend it's not a possibility. I personally do not think it's the most likely outcome of performance for the rest of his contract, and as such would not think the trade is an overpayment. 3 years of performance prior to this year would indicate he's an upper end top 6 forward.

Dobber Sports Pro

Makes Bennings Miller trade look even better, Miller is younger with a slightly cheaper contract. Never thought I would say that Miller trade looked good.....
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Immortal

Zucker with Crosby makes me very happy.