Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    As a right hander, I can easily see him replace Chiasson in that role long term. Yamamoto has a big one time shot so it makes sense for him to set up on his off side. He has Gallagher qualities in that he plays a gritty game for a small player and I foresee him being a fixture on the top 6 playing with two of the best players in the league. Capping him at 55 points seems ridiculous and seems like bad advice. Even if his talent level is at that level, playing with those guys could easily add 10-15 points to that total.
    I dont think anyone is capping him anywhere. Most just see him at that point total most season, or basically on average. I am sure the ability to put more up on some seasons will be there but I dont see it consistently happening.

I just dont see him replacing someone like Chiasson in the slot as the net front presence, which is really the main area that will become open at some point for the Oilers PP1. If he DOES get that spot, he wont be using his big shot from there. You sure arent putting RNH or McDavid there. Maybe Leon, to open a spot on the outside for Yamamoto, but who knows.

At the end of the day, it will all depend on who he lines up with 5 on 5 and what PP he gets used on. No one really knows how this will play out down the road. As an Oilers fan, I am just happy to see him finally showing the promise. I am not going to get over-excited and start saying he will be a 75-80pt guy because those are few and far between.

As good as RNH is, even he hasn't hit 70pts yet in his career.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Another big night - 1 g 2 a. 17 points in 17 games played.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Another big night - 1 g 2 a. 17 points in 17 games played.
    Didn't like how he got his points but glad that he got them. ENG helped. Neither apple was pretty or really much of one at all.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    Didn't like how he got his points but glad that he got them. ENG helped. Neither apple was pretty or really much of one at all.
    It's good thing at the end of the day that we dont have to worry about how pretty an apple is, as long as it is one. Same thing can be said about "garbage" goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    It's good thing at the end of the day that we dont have to worry about how pretty an apple is, as long as it is one. Same thing can be said about "garbage" goals.
    It's a commentary on how sustainable the pace is

Quote Originally Posted by striderz View Post
    It's a commentary on how sustainable the pace is
    Amen. Considering the opponent and situation it makes it more palatable.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I keep waiting for his production to slow down. I definitely know that him averaging around a point per game is highly unrealistic. He keeps chugging along tho, so I'm hesitant to count him out, even tho I fully expect him to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I keep waiting for his production to slow down. I definitely know that him averaging around a point per game is highly unrealistic. He keeps chugging along tho, so I'm hesitant to count him out, even tho I fully expect him to slow down.
    I'm thinking he can come close to sustaining it if he gets to stay up on PP1 when McDavid returns (which might be as early as next week). Will be helpful to have McDavid back letting Draisatl, RNH and Yammer Time, go back to 2nd line and a little easier matchups.

Perhaps, the concern is much ado about nothing. When you're plugged into a superstar garbage points are going to be aplenty.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Superstar

dropped Kovy in one league and scooped him being a Draisaitl owner, can't turn away from the PPG pace since recall any longer.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Stays hot vs. Canes. Slammed home a PP marker off the post that bounced off Reimer's skate and in.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

Dobber Sports Novice

Im not sure what Yams upside is in terms of points, however, theres an interview Drai did a few weeks back where he talks about Yams potential. I've never heard him be that complementary of a teammate before. I know thats not a tangible part of Yams game, but for him to earn Drai's respect like that I would definitely think there has to be something there. To cap his potential at 55 points given McDavid currently doesn't have a true 1st line winger on either side (when Drai is on L2) is selling him way short. If he continues to develop theres virtually nobody in the Oilers system standing between him and playing along side McDavid (not that playing along side Drai is even that much a step down).

Dobber Sports Icon

I never capped Yamamoto at 55 points but I did say he is likely never a 70 or 80 point guy. Is it possible he gets high 60s one year? Of course it is but I am saying to expect closer to 55 points on a regular basis over his career.

Even on the heater that Yamamoto has been on so far this season including scoring on over 28% of his shots, he's still on pace for only 41 points.

Dobber Sports Novice

I don't really agree with that at all. He's playing with either the best player in the world, or a 50 goal scorer who isn't far behind. I don't think he ever becomes a driver of those lines but you watch some of the passes he makes and the way he see's the game he will put up points. I would say he's likely never a 100pt guy but 80 wouldn't be out of the question when McDavid goes off for 130 one of these years.

He's PPG who cares what his total points pace is, thats irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Padawan

As an Oilers fan, I’ve watched basically every game he’s played this year. He is...much better than I anticipated. I think the two things I didn’t expect from him, is his aggressiveness to hunt down the puck to make plays, and also he’s quite a cerebral player in his ability to read the play to get in good positions to support linemates or score. Him, Draisaitl, and Nuge somehow already have incredible chemistry which has been a treat to watch.

All that being said, I’m not sold that he’s a legit PPG player. He’s certainly in a great spot with some quality linemates and will benefit from that, but I have him pegged for a player pushing 70 points in a good year. Don’t get me wrong, that’s still solid, but I don’t see him at the “elite” level.

However, since he’s already surprised me and exceeded expectations, it’s not out of the realm of possibility he could become a 80 point player. I would temper those expectations a bit though.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Too small a sample but from what I've seen from Yamamoto recently, I came away very impressed. I'll say 65 - 70 3YP (to steal a Dobber term) assuming some PP2 time.