Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Yamamoto

Has he finally arrived for good? Will he be a 70-80 point type guy long term? Appreciate your thoughts.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Yamamoto

He should be an NHLer for good now based on his performance so far this year.

I can't see him ever getting 70 or 80 points. He's more of a 55 point 2nd line, PP2, PK3 type of guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I can't see him ever getting 70 or 80 points. He's more of a 55 point 2nd line, PP2, PK3 type of guy.
    This is pretty much my thoughts on him as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks, guys. I’ll steer clear.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I see things a bit differently, I think the kid plays with grit and passion. He helps make those around him better and to some point elevate their game. It is within the realm of possibility that he is a 70 point player and considering that Edmonton's pp1 isnt star studded I could see him cracking it.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I see things a bit differently, I think the kid plays with grit and passion. He helps make those around him better and to some point elevate their game. It is within the realm of possibility that he is a 70 point player and considering that Edmonton's pp1 isnt star studded I could see him cracking it.
    The only way he cracks the PP1 is if he replaces the the netfront position usually manned by Neal or Chiasson and those guys have been fairly successful. So I don't see Yamamoto getting there any time soon. I think 70pts is the ceiling for him as well and closer to a 50-60 pt guy going forward.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    The Oilers have the #1 PP in the league and it's been that way since they moved Ryan Nugent-Hopkins onto the top unit in the middle of last season. The NHL's top two scorers this season have two of the other spots on that PP Unit. The 4th spot will always be a dman and has been Oskar Klefbom when he's been healthy. The only spot that could be changed is the net front presence and I doubt a 5'8, 153lb Kailer Yamamoto is a good fit for that spot.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Good point, I will tamper my hopes for him then. I was hoping for more from him, but I have to be realistic haha

Dobber Sports Pro

With all this being said, with McDavid out for 2-3 weeks, Yamamoto has grabbed a spot on the PP1 and is looking good. Expect a spike in production for the rest of the month now.

Dobber Sports Monster

Snapped him up as soon as I saw the 2nd goal go up on the board. He's been on fire and now he's getting PP time. He's a great add.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a right hander, I can easily see him replace Chiasson in that role long term. Yamamoto has a big one time shot so it makes sense for him to set up on his off side. He has Gallagher qualities in that he plays a gritty game for a small player and I foresee him being a fixture on the top 6 playing with two of the best players in the league. Capping him at 55 points seems ridiculous and seems like bad advice. Even if his talent level is at that level, playing with those guys could easily add 10-15 points to that total.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    As a right hander, I can easily see him replace Chiasson in that role long term. Yamamoto has a big one time shot so it makes sense for him to set up on his off side. He has Gallagher qualities in that he plays a gritty game for a small player and I foresee him being a fixture on the top 6 playing with two of the best players in the league. Capping him at 55 points seems ridiculous and seems like bad advice. Even if his talent level is at that level, playing with those guys could easily add 10-15 points to that total.
    I agree with Axe. Yamamoto has already demonstrated that he can play in the top six and complement skilled players, which is what he was drafted for. Chiasson is not going to be a fixture on the Oilers PP for very long, maybe not past this season. I think his 3YP is 65-70 with an upside of 75-80.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

I greatly disagree.

Absolutely think he has at least 65 to 85 point potential depending on many variables. But capping his projection at 55 points seems to be selling him short. I think he could have 65 to 85 point potential on any team really, so there’s a possibility it could go higher playing with McD and Draisatl.

I think he’s absolutely has top line potential and could be awesome next to McD. Your passing him over is a benefit to whomever gets/has him.

It’s too soon to tell what his top output will be but his ceiling is much higher than 55 points. This guy is worth trying to get in dynasty and keeper especially. Not a guy I’d pass on.

Not sure why they think he’s destined to be a 2nd liner but don’t make a decision like that based on two or three posts. I’m certain if you looked elsewhere you’d find many putting his ceiling much higher than 2nd line numbers and ability.

He could be a bust, he could just be average or he could be a stud. Question is, how much is a potential McDavid or Draisatl partner worth, if he has PPG potential and has thus far produced nicely n a few NHL games? I’d think the answer is quite a bit. If you could get him cheaply and hold on I wouldn’t hesitate. ID rather have him than someone like Kravtsov, Zadina, Bemstrom, Gurianov, Jost and probably even Farabee.

Further, players like Neal and Chia are no threat to him long term. I’d be absolutely shocked if Yamser wasn’t on their PP1 in a year or two. I totally think he’s destined for a long tenure on PP1 for the Oil. Patience is key. This year he’s still developing.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I agree with Axe. Yamamoto has already demonstrated that he can play in the top six and complement skilled players, which is what he was drafted for. Chiasson is not going to be a fixture on the Oilers PP for very long, maybe not past this season. I think his 3YP is 65-70 with an upside of 75-80.
    Axe's opinion is the exact opposite of yours though. I can't tell if this is a case of mistaken identity...
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm pretty sure it's a case of mistake identity. As you both have goalies in your profile pic.