Thread: Advice on Trouba

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Advice on Trouba

League in signature (cap league with real salaries). I own Trouba...

On pace for 35 points. He's still top 25 in 2 of my categories (goals/sog's) but has been dipping a bit and producing as a top 50 d-man in hits/blks, but not as dominant as earlier in the season.

I'm struggling to know what to do with him and his $12M salary ($10M next year). Is he likely to grow into a 45-55 d-man with solid peripherals or will he be more like Cam Fowler, Erik Johnson, Tyler Myers, Colton Parayko, and the like, in terms of true fantasy value?

Any thoughts?
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Advice on Trouba

I own him too, and was hoping for 50+ pts with great peripherals. Unfortunately it does not help at all that Adam Fox and Tony Deangelo are both offensive defensemen. We'll see if both end up in NY long term. If so, I don't see Trouba being worth his salary unfortunately.

Dobber Sports Superstar

thing is his points in last season with the Jets are inflated because he was thrust in Buff role when he was injured. With those finishers it was not hard to rack up points and notice how 42 of the 50 points were assist. Now in New York where there are two better offensive defenders in Fox and DeAngelo, he is third wheel and will always be relied on more for defense because well they're atrocious defensively. Any and all of you should cut ties while you can and sell on the name/last year's production. I hated that signing and am not shocked Pionk is flourishing with the Jets.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since it's annual salary, not cap hit, next year will be the last real bad year.

If you think he's worth $8M, I'd hold. If not, I'd move him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

In leagues that count hits/blocks, he’s still a great option. The hesitance I have in your league is his cap hit