Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

Dobber Sports Monster

Default [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1225266686825304064

"The @MapleLeafs
    have acquired goaltender Jack Campbell and forward Kyle Clifford from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Trevor Moore, Columbus’ third round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft and a conditional third round pick in 2021. #LeafsForever"

Kyle Dubas pulls the trigger minutes after another iffy performance from backup Hutchinson.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

bout time
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

I guess the Kings wanted to give Cal Peterson the look and not extend Campbell beyond this year. Otherwise, I'm not sure the Kings did anything but do the Leafs a favour. The draft picks are nice, but are magic beans at this point.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

"That conditional third round pick in ‘21 has to do with whether or not Clifford re-signs with Toronto and a number of wins by Campbell.... so two conditions attached to that pick."

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...72352101085184

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This move is a month or two late, but it's needed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I guess the Kings wanted to give Cal Peterson the look and not extend Campbell beyond this year. Otherwise, I'm not sure the Kings did anything but do the Leafs a favour. The draft picks are nice, but are magic beans at this point.
    man , petersen has played alot of games in 3 ahl seasons (120 ish to this date) . Not that it matters but his contract is 1-way starting next season

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/cal-petersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Also, Campbell was extended earlier this season for 2 more years and Petersen won't be waiver-exempt next season. LA was going to have to move a goalie sooner or later but I'm surprised they didn't get more out of Dubas.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't get more out of Dubas.
    Really? Even knowing the conditions on the second 3rd round pick?

I like the trade because it takes care of two team needs that desperately needed to be addressed but I am not happy with the conditions placed on the second pick. That’s the cost of making mistakes I guess. If this trade is done before Andersen gets injured (which it should have) I bet there are no conditions placed on the second pick, maybe there isn’t even a second pick involved.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Really? Even knowing the conditions on the second 3rd round pick?

I like the trade because it takes care of two team needs that desperately needed to be addressed but I am not happy with the conditions placed on the second pick. That’s the cost of making mistakes I guess. If this trade is done before Andersen gets injured (which it should have) I bet there are no conditions placed on the second pick, maybe there isn’t even a second pick involved.
    Actually, you're right. I got all my info from the ramblings and this thread at the time and assumed the conditions listed were whether or not LA got an extra pick, didn't realise it could turn into a 2nd. The tweet posted in this thread also makes it out that both conditions have to be met when only one does.

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun

So to recap: that 2021 conditional 3rd becomes a 2nd if either the Leafs re-sign Clifford; or Campbell wins 6 regular-season games and the Leafs qualify for the playoffs. If neither condition is met, pick remains a 3rd

Dobber Sports Immortal

I wonder if more info comes out about Andersen today or this is just more insurance since they obviously needed a real backup.

Dobber Sports Deity

It was a trade that the Leafs HAD to make. They needed help at the backup position and although Campbell isn't a rock star, he's still an upgrade to their current situation. Clifford had been rumored to the Leafs for some time now so his addition to the trade doesn't surprise me.

It's a good trade for the Leafs because they dont include one of their key assets that everyone seems to want all the while improving their current roster for a playoff push. They still have those key assets if they choose to use them to improve their greatest need; defense.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Leafs need to expose a goalie in the Seattle draft in 2021, Campbell can fill that need if you're also looking that far down the road. Nice wrinkle that helps the Leafs out a bit since either Andersen or another goalie will be the starter then for the Leafs.

Also for the cap implications....
    Leafs have added 700,000 in cap. Hutch is 700K. Marincin is 700K. So either Andersen or Ceci go on LTIR, or Hutch or Marincin get sent down, since they're over the cap, and at 24/23 roster spots.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Correct me if I’m wrong but Kaskisuo is waiver exempt right? But I still have this feeling that we see Hutchinson on waivers today and Kaskisuo stays up to backup Campbell. I also think Campbell gets both games on this Friday-Saturday back-to-back.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but Kaskisuo is waiver exempt right? But I still have this feeling that we see Hutchinson on waivers today and Kaskisuo stays up to backup Campbell. I also think Campbell gets both games on this Friday-Saturday back-to-back.
    CapFriendly doesn't show him being Waiver exempt.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kaskisuo isn't waiver-exempt anymore but he won't have to pass through waivers to re-join the Marlies right now.