Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    More than they should've paid for a backup of that caliber but they had zero leverage. This is what happens when you wait too long and have a soft spot for people when you need to be ruthless.

It is what it is, at least we didn't give up anything that will have an immediate impact.

^ This right here.

I think Moore could surprise some folks if he gets a top 6 chance with LA. He's a very solid player, great speed and good hands. Strangely underrated. But I can totally understand why LA targeted him.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: [TRADE] - Kings' J.Campbell and Clifford to the Maple Leafs for T.Moore and two* 3rds

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    ^ This right here.

I think Moore could surprise some folks if he gets a top 6 chance with LA. He's a very solid player, great speed and good hands. Strangely underrated. But I can totally understand why LA targeted him.
    We have like 5 Moore's in the line up already (Engvall, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Johnsson, Mikheyev - when healthy, Timoshov) with another couple more coming -- IE: Robertson. We do not have a Clifford or anyone like him coming up.

without Clifford included with Campbell - Moore doesn't go the other way.

It's easier to trade skill for grit than the other way around.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    We have like 5 Moore's in the line up already (Engvall, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Johnsson, Mikheyev - when healthy, Timoshov) with another couple more coming -- IE: Robertson. We do not have a Clifford or anyone like him coming up.

without Clifford included with Campbell - Moore doesn't go the other way.

It's easier to trade skill for grit than the other way around.
    All that being true, sure. It doesn't mean they didn't overpay.
    They did.
    Which is fine, considering the position they are in. That's what happens, though, when a rookie GM paints himself into a corner.

I...am your father.

This is not the answer. I am not very high on Jack Campbell at all. That being said, the pickings for backup goalies are slim, and while I would prefer Georgiev I don't feel he is very good either and his cost was higher. Best solution would be Tristan Jarry, but that cost would be massive. So a good move by Dubas to roll the dice here for less and perhaps it works out. I know Clifford brings something they need for sure. That's an underrated addition to the deal.

Cal Petersen is the goalie of the future. Next year his contract is a one-way deal. And the year after. Quick will mentor him and I see a 60-40 split in Quick's favor. If Petersen does well, he could take over as early as next year. If he's shaky, then it remains 60-40 for Quick. But I like Petersen here.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

This deal makes good sense for both teams to me. Yes the Leafs were not dealing from a position of strength. Demote Hutchinson - play Campbell with KK as the backup. Maybe Campbell plays well - it’s certainly possible. Make sure you let Andersen rest and get healthy. When Andersen gets healthy flip Campbell and get your picks back at the deadline or this summer and keep KK as the backup. If Campbell puts up decent numbers someone will be interested. Like the Habs with Kovalchuk, if Campbell plays well they’ve got a pretty good asset for very little cost. And he has to better than Hutch at keeping them afloat in the playoff race.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    This deal makes good sense for both teams to me. Yes the Leafs were not dealing from a position of strength. Demote Hutchinson - play Campbell with KK as the backup. Maybe Campbell plays well - it’s certainly possible. Make sure you let Andersen rest and get healthy. When Andersen gets healthy flip Campbell and get your picks back at the deadline or this summer and keep KK as the backup. If Campbell puts up decent numbers someone will be interested. Like the Habs with Kovalchuk, if Campbell plays well they’ve got a pretty good asset for very little cost. And he has to better than Hutch at keeping them afloat in the playoff race.
    Eww... there's a reason Tor went with Hutch as bad as he has been over KK... If Campbell isn't the answer - then they trade him for a pick & sign someone new as a UFA.

AHL goalie rankings for the Leafs over the past 3 years - Sparks > Hutch > KK
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4