Thread: Keepers for next season, so I have an idea on who not to trade at deadline!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keepers for next season, so I have an idea on who not to trade at deadline!

14 team h2h Keep 7+2 NA
    g(1.5)a(1)sog(0.25)pim,hit,blk(0.2) w(2.5)ga(-1)sv(0.15)sho(3)
    2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1G 7BN 2NA

There a 4 keeper options to choose from:
    A) 1C 1LW 1RW 3D 1G
    B) 5F 2D
    C) 2C 2LW 2RW 1G
    D) 3F 2D 2G
    (my prospects are B. Byram and V. Heinola)

A) Eichel / Panarin / Rantanen / Pionk / Q. Hughes / Provorov / Vas

B) Eichel / E. Pettersson / Panarin / Rantanen / P. Kane / Pionk / Q. Hughes

C) Eichel / E. Pettersson / Panarin / Vrana / Rantanen / P. Kane / Vas (Landeskog can be subbed in for Vrana)

D) Eichel / Panarin / Rantanen / Pionk / Q. Hughes / Vas / Varlamov (could try and upgrade Varly if this route is taken but we only start 1G)

*Provorov, Giordano, S. Weber or Slavin can be subbed in at D in any option. Or play around with keeping P. Kane over Rantanen at RW in spots ect.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keepers for next season, so I have an idea on who not to trade at deadline!

So it's keep 7, but the 7 is limited in flexibility. Option D is out, Varlamov is probably the least valuable guy to me in the whole list, and you start 1 goalie.
    I think Giordano & Slavin are a cut below the other D options.

To get the easy part out of the way: Eichel, Panarin, Rantanen are 3 of them.

That leaves you with essentially a keep 4:
    A: 1G 3D
    B: 2F 2D
    C: 1G 1C 1 LW 1 RW

A: Vas & 3 of Provorov/Pionk/Q Hughes/S Weber
    B: P Kane & E Pettersson & 2 of Provorov/Pionk/Q Hughes/S Weber
    A: Vas & P Kane & E Pettersson & 1 of Landeskog/Vrana

How likely are you to be able to find goalies in the draft? If you are okay with not keeping a goalie, I'm guessing you could get quite a lot for Vas, possibly upgrading one of your D keepers, plus picks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Keepers for next season, so I have an idea on who not to trade at deadline!

I should be okay finding a serviceable goalie in the draft, I'm sure a few will be kept. We are probably going to drop some points for goalies by a tiny bit next season. Vas was the #1 overall last season and he's #3 right now behind Pasta and Helle (#1).

If I could find someone to take him in the offseason for a D-man, preferably Josi and a pick, that would be decent.

I won last season and came into this year with Eichel, Pet, Panarin, Skog, Kane, Rant, Vas then had Hughes and Boqvist as my prospects.

But yes, I agree option D is completely off the table. Just gotta decide if I'm more comfortable giving up Vas or my young, promising defensemen

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    How likely are you to be able to find goalies in the draft? If you are okay with not keeping a goalie, I'm guessing you could get quite a lot for Vas, possibly upgrading one of your D keepers, plus picks.
    The Josi owner is in a playoff spot but not looking strong. I could offer something like:

Vas(188.40pts), Slavin(80.80) for Rinne(119.30), Josi(152.00), and maybe a pick?

But that could that hurt my chances this season too much and may be best to do this in the offseason if that's the route I go.

Dobber Sports Titan

Make a trade in the offseason if you can. Decide then too, no rush. I lean towards option C with Landeskog though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Make a trade in the offseason if you can. Decide then too, no rush. I lean towards option C with Landeskog though.
    Alright, I can wait for the offseason. Option C is the exact group I came into this year with (with Landeskog). Just was curious what people thought if Vrana is on the verge of an elite breakout