Thread: Trading for Jack Hughes

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading for Jack Hughes

Hey guys!

Jack Hughes is on the block in my first league in sig. We are expanding the rosters next year to the following composition: 9F, 4D 2G, and 4 bench and a cap around 90M (to be determined in the offseason). We use actual cap hits and its a pts-league (G and A = 1pt, Wins = 2pts)

My projected keepers (with 20-21 cap hits) are Kucherov (9,5), Pastrnak (6,6), Aho (8,45), Pettersson (0,93), Hamilton (5,75), M. Rielly (5) and probably Samsonov (0,93). My picks in 2020 are 1,1,1,1,2,2 then late picks (7th rd and so on) and 1,2,2,2,3,3 in 2021.

Is Jack Hughes a serious upgrade over Samsonov if I'm looking to win next year in particular? What would constitute a good offer for him in that regard? I am thinking a 2nd rd pick in 2020 or 2021 could be enough if the consensus here is that Hughes is going to explode next year and that he is a clear upgrade over Samsonov. Otherwise I might be tempted to keep what I have. The other GM has made clear he wants picks only. Also I can't send Samsonov down in the minors (that would be neat!)
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trading for Jack Hughes

I think Hughes is a downgrade to Samsonov for next year. Hughes would be useful for you, only if you could use him as part of a 2 for 1 to upgrade someone.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks! That's also my opinion atm, but it's hard passing up on Hughes knowing he might not be available at a lower price later

The Magnificent One

I’d look to do Reilly for Hughes and add a 2nd.

Agree Hughes is cheapest you will get him
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm exploring my options right now with the other GM, I am considering Aho vs Hughes and an early pick (1st or 2nd rd) and I'll see where it goes
    A thing I am considering is it will make my cumulative keeper cap hit go from ~37M (cheapest in the league imo) to an absurdly low 30M compared to the competition.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith