Thread: Crazy Trade ... Or is it? REP GIVEN

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Crazy Trade ... Or is it? REP GIVEN

So I need some opinions on a trade I was offered...

Mantha (my end)

for

Yamamoto + 4th round draft

Is this a chance to get Yamamoto before his stock takes off along side McDavid and Drai or is he a flash in the pan, should I stick with Mantha?

The Great One

Default Re: Crazy Trade ... Or is it? REP GIVEN

Not enough details; we know nothing about the size of your league, your team, the categories etc.

But generally speaking if I have the choice between a young established player versus a prospect that's done nothing and is primarily hyped for who he may play with at some point in the future....I go for the sure thing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i agree with Als would like more info but based on what we have i would keep the proven Mantha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take the shot for Yammy.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I need more info, but it's not completely crazy, depending on what your format and rules are. In general, I'd say no if it was offered to me, but maybe you love Yamamoto.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Sometimes you have to roll the dice and take on some risk. This fits the bill. Mantha is known, Yamamoto and unknown but projected to be a very nice fantasy asset. No guarantee's however. This might be one of those cases where taking a flier is worth it, sooner or later an Oiler rookie forward is going to actually hit their potential, maybe it's Yamamoto. I would go back to the other GM and tell him if your going to take on this risk you want a higher draft pick. Then, make your decision.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a Mantha owner, I would stick with Mantha. He is still youngish, and seeing what has happened in Detroit this year, you can see how much he was being depended on for offense since the midpoint of last season.
    I have high hopes for Detroit next season, but then I guess I have to since I own Larkin, Mantha, Bert, and Hronek.
    That being said, Yamamoto has 10 points in 11 games with the Oil, and the chance of being tied to McDavid and Draisaitl makes for a very tempting thought.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey everyone thanks for the responses... Little more info on my team and my league.
    Standard head to head keeper, keep as many as you like, 3C, 6W, 5D, 1 UTIL, 5 Bench, 1 G

My team is as follows:
    John Tavares
    Sam Steel
    Cody Glass
    Andrei Svechnikov
    Jake DeBrusk
    Mathew Tkachuk
    Kevin Lebanc
    Robbi Fabbri
    Kaapo Kakko
    P.K. Subban
    Sam Girard
    Erik Karlsson
    Cale Makar
    Travis Sanhiem
    James van Riemsdyk
    Carter Hart
    Ilya Samsanov
    Logan Brown
    Henrik Borgstrom
    Ryan Suzuki
    Cal Foote
    Evan Bouchard
    Ukka-Pekka Lukkenon
    Anthony Mantha
    Andrew Copp

I am currently in 18th out of 20 teams, and have my first round pick, a top 10 pick, and two second round picks.

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a good looking fairly young team. That's a good thing, in a 20 team keep all it's hard to build other than with trades. With what you already have and with a few more high draft picks, you should be competitive in a year or two.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Novice

Thats the goal for sure, hope to be coming out of the rebuild after this next years draft. That said it probably makes more sense to have Mantha as an asset next season, however, who's to say Yamamoto doesn't secure a top 6 role with either Mcd or Drai? Either of which and he would likely be a close comparable (just in terms of total points) to Mantha. My only concern is at his stature he may be more of a compliment than a driver. Mantha is a rare player who I'm not entirely convinced has 'broken out' just yet.

Kinda seems like both sides have valid points - The uncertainty in Yamamoto is scary, but so are Mantha's seemingly unavoidable injuries. Im leaning towards making this deal. Any final thoughts?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Did you counter yet with an upgrade to that 4th? Anyway, while there is some risk I'd be inclined to do the deal. If things don't go your way I don't think it's overlay painful, if Yamamoto continues on in top 6 the rewards could far exceed the risk. Good Luck.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Novice

I tried for a 2nd round pick upgrade. That wasn't happening, so I just took the deal. Hopefully it turns out!

Thanks for the help!