Thread: Hold out hope for Mete

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hold out hope for Mete

Multicat salary keeper league in signature.

I have i owned Mete in this league since he broke into the NHL. And each year, I have waited for his breakout, and it has not happened yet. Gut feeling tells me to keep him one more year, although to make a run for the championship, he really hurts taking up that roster spot with his lack of production. I also own Byfuglien, so the double whammy per say.

At what point do you give up on him? I know he is only 21 years old(22 in June), and he is stuck behind in the depth chart, thus reducing his minutes.

Would you opt for dropping him, and trying to pursue a trade for someone like Dunn or Cernak? Or stream cheap options of 1.0m or less off the WW?

I have "given up" on prospects in the past such as Simon, only to have it come back to somewhat haunt me.

Advice?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Hold out hope for Mete

He's never going to stuff categories. Even a "breakout" for him would be 30A, 10PPP, 120sog, and minimal hits and blocks.

Get what you can and let someone else wait on the breakout.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Umm, he's 21. Not many D break out by that point. That said, I don't think his upside is that great. Most prospects are worth more in fantasy as trade bait anyway.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Have to agree on the general consensus on upside here, it is limited across most if not all scoring cats. I'd move on if getting a better option is at all possible. He's still young and I may be wrong, but I think Mete equals very average and that after a long wait.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd move on from him, as others said. Having too many prospect D I have found to be an issue in my one super deep dynasty ( not the one in sig).
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd move on from him, as others said. Having too many prospect D I have found to be an issue in my one super deep dynasty ( not the one in sig).
    The issue with prospect D in multi-cat is the rough categories are more important for D and it's not easy at all to project PIM/hits/blocks. Remember when Ekblad was supposed to be a physical Weber type?

In my very deep dynasty league I'm subbing in guys like Kurtis MacDermid, Madison Bowey and Dennis Gilbert from my minors to fill categories.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The issue with prospect D in multi-cat is the rough categories are more important for D and it's not easy at all to project PIM/hits/blocks. Remember when Ekblad was supposed to be a physical Weber type?

In my very deep dynasty league I'm subbing in guys like Kurtis MacDermid, Madison Bowey and Dennis Gilbert from my minors to fill categories.
    I do remember that. Ekblad's very useful, but not that level of guy. I do the same with moving guys up & down from minors a lot - I've tended to do better focusing on grabbing cheap young D who are playing that aren't exactly name prospects, with the exception of a Hronek level guy. Limiting myself to no more than 1-2 D draft pick a year has been working, but it's only been a couple years so far.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I moved on from Mete. Hope he doesn't come back to haunt me. Thanks for the input.
    I traded:

Mete
    Jarnkrok
    2022 3rd(around pick 50-60)

for

Perron
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Administrator

That's a huge win for you. I don't think Jarnkrok or Mete ever get close to the level Perron has attained.