Thread: Prospect Players: keeper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Prospect Players: keeper

Just looking for opinions on Troy Terry and Alex Nylander, suggestions of potential?? Trade offer was:

Dadonov
    Ekholm
    Marchessault
    R. Smith

For

Forsberg
    Duclair
    Terry
    Nylander
    3rd round pick.

In a position where moving some age would be beneficial for the coming years

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Prospect Players: keeper

I still like the Dadonov side.

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

To quote a buddy of mine here on these forums when asking for advice:

Well the first thing and probably the most important thing is to always list out all details when asking for advice

1. League type (Dynasty vs. Limited Keeper vs. One -year, Roto vs. H2H vs. Points only) Note: A points league that gives point values to categories does not equal points only.
    2. Salary or non-salary (also follow NHL salary cap hit or another type of salary setting)
    3. Scoring categories
    4. Full team Roster - Gives perspective when discussing trades
    5. Forward position differentiation (i.e. C/LW/RW, or simply F) - Important when discussing trades.
    6. Daily starts vs. Weekly starts
    7. How many players at each position iced per night. (i.e. 2G - That is a big one that makes a huge difference when discussing advice). Minimum goalie starts (i.e. 1 per week, 2 per week)
    8. Number of teams in the league - Important when talking goalies. There are 30 teams in the NHL meaning 30 starters in the NHL. If you're in a league with 16 teams that ices 2G per night..etc.
    9. League Provider -Don't assume that everybody uses the same league provider as you as some providers have different position eligibility among other things.

Another thing I'd like to mention is to take advantage of the boards
    - Don't be afraid to ask questions or give your opinion.
    - Don't assume that because you have a low post count or rep power that your input is any less appreciated or regarded. There's hundreds of people on these boards with tons of knowledge, but just don't have the time or feel like posting a whole lot.

You can never give too much information when looking for advice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

To quote a buddy of mine here on these forums when asking for advice:

Well the first thing and probably the most important thing is to always list out all details when asking for advice

1. League type (Dynasty vs. Limited Keeper vs. One -year, Roto vs. H2H vs. Points only) Note: A points league that gives point values to categories does not equal points only.
    2. Salary or non-salary (also follow NHL salary cap hit or another type of salary setting)
    3. Scoring categories
    4. Full team Roster - Gives perspective when discussing trades
    5. Forward position differentiation (i.e. C/LW/RW, or simply F) - Important when discussing trades.
    6. Daily starts vs. Weekly starts
    7. How many players at each position iced per night. (i.e. 2G - That is a big one that makes a huge difference when discussing advice). Minimum goalie starts (i.e. 1 per week, 2 per week)
    8. Number of teams in the league - Important when talking goalies. There are 30 teams in the NHL meaning 30 starters in the NHL. If you're in a league with 16 teams that ices 2G per night..etc.
    9. League Provider -Don't assume that everybody uses the same league provider as you as some providers have different position eligibility among other things.

Another thing I'd like to mention is to take advantage of the boards
    - Don't be afraid to ask questions or give your opinion.
    - Don't assume that because you have a low post count or rep power that your input is any less appreciated or regarded. There's hundreds of people on these boards with tons of knowledge, but just don't have the time or feel like posting a whole lot.

You can never give too much information when looking for advice.
    *Edit 6. Or no roster starts at all (as in two of my keeper leagues - just take the best XX players end of year)

#5 is key here
    . Because I kinda like the Dadonov side due to Ekholm. But if there are no requirements to have a defenseman, then I would prefer the other side.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi