Thread: Slavin vs Heiskanen ROS

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Slavin vs Heiskanen ROS

I picked up Jaccob Slavin to fill the Dougie Hamilton sized hole in my defensemen corps, but then Miro Heiskanen was recently dropped by another owner....is Slavin worth dropping for Miro?

Miro seems to have more upside in my mind, but from a team standpoint, Carolina crushes it from analytics standpoint in terms of putting pucks in nets, while Dallas's offense as a whole is crippled by their defensive team philosophy.

League format is 12-team and (mostly) points only.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Slavin vs Heiskanen ROS

I'll take Slavin here. You're right, Heiskanen has the higher upside, but in such a short term window, I'm going with Slavin's opportunity.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll take Slavin here. You're right, Heiskanen has the higher upside, but in such a short term window, I'm going with Slavin's opportunity.
    Slavin for me as well. He's going to take that Accuracy Shooting confidence and put up some points now.

Administrator

ROS I'm not super high on either one. They're both dependent on opportunity, so they could easily be good one week and not so good the next. Going strictly ROS I lean Slavin but if there are any keeper implications here then Heiskanen 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Slavin for me as well. He's going to take that Accuracy Shooting confidence and put up some points now.
    Agreed. The NHL decided to replace all goalies with targets for the remaining games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed. The NHL decided to replace all goalies with targets for the remaining games.

Really........damn, I must have missed that (:

There's a handful of teams that would likely have a better goals against if that happened (:

Slavin for me as well.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Slavin due to the Hamilton injury. Opens up a larger role and more opportunity for him. Heiskanen has more upside and is the choice for after this year and moving forward for me, but for this year only considering the situations, i would lean Slavin.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

So hard to say on Slavin. Are the Canes going to stand pat with Hamilton out and let Slavin who wasn't on PP1 or PP2 before Dougie's injury just run PP1 the ROS? He tallied his 1st point on PP1 right before the break...his first PP point of the entire season. Will they call up Jake Bean? Will Jake Gardiner take it over? Will they deal for a guy who can QB PP1? I want to love Slavin, and I would, if he was guaranteed to be PP1 guy the ROS. A shame this can't wait until after the trade deadline.

Miro would be my choice just based on unknown of Slavin.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd take slavin short term with Hamilton out. Next year back to Miro. Deployment is absolutely key with fantasy d men and slavin is looking like he's going to have it for the remainder of the season. Miro has been slow lately and there's always klingberg, who I think takes back pp1 this season.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    So hard to say on Slavin. Are the Canes going to stand pat with Hamilton out and let Slavin who wasn't on PP1 or PP2 before Dougie's injury just run PP1 the ROS? He tallied his 1st point on PP1 right before the break...his first PP point of the entire season. Will they call up Jake Bean? Will Jake Gardiner take it over? Will they deal for a guy who can QB PP1? I want to love Slavin, and I would, if he was guaranteed to be PP1 guy the ROS. A shame this can't wait until after the trade deadline.
    I agree with this line of thinking on Slavin. There are PP guys out there who they can get fairly cheaply, and they have other internal options. I'd lean Heisanen for the guaranteed decent deployment versus a boom-bust in Slavin.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.