Thread: Shaking things up

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Shaking things up

20tm multicat salary keeper league in signature.

Need to revamp at C or D and cut some salary due to players coming off IR.

I own the following players:

Zach Sanford 1,500,000
    Nate Schmidt 5,950,000
    Antoine Roussel 3,000,000
    Alex Iafallo 2,425,000

I am currently in the hole as far as cap space at -1,700,000.

Thus, i need to reconfigure some things with add/drops with these players.

Not really any better options at C other than Sanford and his cap hit. Maybe a few 100k less, but not enough to get out of the hole.

I am either going to drop Roussel outright(while he is 3rd liner and gets some PP time, he no longer plays SH. He doesn't appear to be the physical player he used to be in gathering Hits and PIM as he used to be).

Or, I am contemplating dropping Schmidt for one of the following:

Gudbranson 4,000,000
    Scandella 4,000,000
    Oleksiak 2,137,500

Opinions?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

I...am your father.

Default Re: Shaking things up

Right now I'm thinking about Oleksiak. Obviously you'd be punting a few categories with the swap, but he'd kill in Hits and at that kind of savings it would be tempting. But are there cheap rookie/unknown prospect options out there available?

Compare Player
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Right now I'm thinking about Oleksiak. Obviously you'd be punting a few categories with the swap, but he'd kill in Hits and at that kind of savings it would be tempting. But are there cheap rookie/unknown prospect options out there available?

Compare Player
    Pure chance or coincidence, or someone in this league read this(lol), but Oleksiak got claimed. Back to the drawing board kind of. It was esentially a wash, but the cap savings would have helped.
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

I...am your father.

Feel free to list a few available D here, we can take a look for you and maybe pluck a diamond in the rough?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Feel free to list a few available D here, we can take a look for you and maybe pluck a diamond in the rough?
    Slim Picking:

Ben Hutton 1,500,000
    Codi Ceci 4,500,000
    Chris Tanev 4,450,000
    Jarred Tinordi 700,000
    Ron Hainsey 3,500,000
    Josh Manson 4,100,000
    Marco Scandella 4,000,000
    Justin Braun 3,800,000
    Nikita Zaitsev 4,500,000
    Dmitri Kulikov 4,333,333
    Dan Hamhuis 1.250,000
    Jake Gardiner 4,050,000
    Alec Martinez 4,000,000
    Yannick Weber 675,000
    Joakim Ryan 725,000
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wouldn't drop Schmidt for any of those guys. See if you can trade Roussell for a draft pick.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hutton would hurt you in points, but peripherals are fine compared to Schmidt. I think I'd go there first for a FA move.

Roussell is only pacing for a bit over a PIM/game, so he's definitely down, but it's a sporadic stat. He's down pretty much everywhere this year, so I think he's a okay drop if you need cap room. Expect him to get snagged, though, since he is solid at that cap price, just not if yo have other issues.

I'd try and trade one of the two first, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have kind of given up on PIM as a stat. I went into the season with Byfuglien/Roussel/Watson and was feeling good about it. And some hits/blocks out of them as well. Well, it didn't pan out. I have dropped Watson since he was benched 4 of the past 5 games under the new coach and underperformed. And now Roussel.

I am basically trying to admit defeat in an unpredictable category(PIM) and cover the other categories.
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    I have kind of given up on PIM as a stat. I went into the season with Byfuglien/Roussel/Watson and was feeling good about it. And some hits/blocks out of them as well. Well, it didn't pan out. I have dropped Watson since he was benched 4 of the past 5 games under the new coach and underperformed. And now Roussel.

I am basically trying to admit defeat in an unpredictable category(PIM) and cover the other categories.
    Dropping him makes sense, then. Punting it makes a lot of sense, if you have issues already, and it's unpredictable, which it is.

I'm in a super-deep cap league with lots of flexibility with moving form active roster to minors, and PIM is one of our skater cats, only other grit cat is (Hits+Blocks). I've found it works to accumulate through roster depth movement up & down, but not every league has that kind of option.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.