Thread: Spam Pop-ups

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Spam Pop-ups

Hello Mods,

Browsing tonight on iPhone and there is a pop-up window continually opening and making the forum basically unusable. Here is a screen capture of what is appearing. In Canada. Telus provider. Using Safari. I hope this help you weed out the junk.

0C50A2FE-BE08-4D29-8766-3F52BCB577D2.jpeg
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Spam Pop-ups

I get it too through Shaw but only on my iPhone. Pretty well blocks access to all Dobber sites.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Been a long-standing problem for me. Only workaround I found is just asking the site to serve the desktop version. Seems to be only on the mobile version of the forums. Love them hackers!
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's just a part of the Dobberhockey forum experience.

Administrator

We're on it. The more info you can provide us, the more we can do to fix the problem.

Date/Time
    Screenshot
    Device
    Browser
    Redirect URL
    Your city (or region)

Thanks Moses!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

I...am your father.

Sorry for this. Ridiculous crap.
    Funny enough, the first to report this was...me to myself. I'm at a DRAFT last night and went to research a player on my favorite tool - Frozen Tools. Could not get in. After two seconds was booted out on my iPhone. Couldn't work around it no matter what trick I tried (going in via Google, or backing up to the page and quickly clicking a link I want, etc.). After a few minutes I had to go to another site. And later, looking up another player on DobberProspects - same thing! I get the frustration.
    Only happened to me in London/Stratford area. Back in Toronto it doesn't happen. So just a geo-location issue and I think just on iPhones
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

^^ mine was happening to me in Vancouver last night. Also, no sorry necessary.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

Was happening to me here in SK. iPhone user on Sasktel network.

Seems to be cleared up now tho
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Sorry for this. Ridiculous crap.
    Funny enough, the first to report this was...me to myself. I'm at a DRAFT last night and went to research a player on my favorite tool - Frozen Tools. Could not get in. After two seconds was booted out on my iPhone. Couldn't work around it no matter what trick I tried (going in via Google, or backing up to the page and quickly clicking a link I want, etc.). After a few minutes I had to go to another site. And later, looking up another player on DobberProspects - same thing! I get the frustration.
    Only happened to me in London/Stratford area. Back in Toronto it doesn't happen. So just a geo-location issue and I think just on iPhones
    I get it on Android using Chrome on the Sunshine Coast. Although to be honest it's been a bit, since I use the desktop site.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Im on the East Coast (NS) using a Samsung with Eastlink and I've gotten this as well. Not often, but it has happened a time or two.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im on the East Coast (NS) using a Samsung with Eastlink and I've gotten this as well. Not often, but it has happened a time or two.
    Whenever we get an occasional issue like this one, fire a screenshot to me direct or to admin via contact. It's not a prolific issue. But Saturday night/Sunday morning - that was a relentless, widespread issue that made it impossible for anyone in what looks like London, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax to access DobberProspects or Frozen Tools (and I think the forum) at all. That is the issue that has myself and the programmer stop everything immediately and jump on it.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Whenever we get an occasional issue like this one, fire a screenshot to me direct or to admin via contact. It's not a prolific issue. But Saturday night/Sunday morning - that was a relentless, widespread issue that made it impossible for anyone in what looks like London, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax to access DobberProspects or Frozen Tools (and I think the forum) at all. That is the issue that has myself and the programmer stop everything immediately and jump on it.
    Will do!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

This has been an issue for me for a long while, and it hasn't really gotten better. Here's a link to my post a little while back:

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...Page-Redirects

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    This has been an issue for me for a long while, and it hasn't really gotten better. Here's a link to my post a little while back:

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...Page-Redirects

This comes and goes. We resolved this issue, and then three weeks later, a similar issue returned. We banned one of our ad networks and that seemed to solve it. Now we have the issue back, worse than ever, and we think it is due to two networks - only their mobile ads. We have disabled them for FT and DP.
    Trying to contact these networks but they are kinda full of shit when they respond.

We do keep resolving the issues. But it's putting fingers in the holes in the dam. They keep returning. But I've had enough.

As for contact. On DobberHockey at the bottom 'Contact Us' all spam ad reports get forwarded to me.
    Best help:
    1. page/website you are on
    2. screenshot of redirect
    3. device (right now, issue is only iPhone)
    4. location (Sunday, locations London, Alberta, and Ottawa mostly affected)

Thank you!

I...am your father.

Found the offending advertiser and have been told that they are now completely blocked. Any issues from this point forward, please let me know ASAP
    Thanks!