Thread: EK multicat dynasty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default EK multicat dynasty

Has he lost his touch? I’ve been getting inquires as my team is in last but for what I thought would be easy accepts are rejections. Not league in sig.
    16 team, 20 nhl, 20 minor, 6 D per night, no cap.
    Am I stuck on name value?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: EK multicat dynasty

He's not that old, could be this is the new norm but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he puts it together again and gets back to 70. I think part of the issue has been figuring out a new team, injuries, and that said new team getting lots worse.

Dobber Sports Superstar

listern he could very well return to form but IMO Karlsson has lost a gear, after the injuries/surgeries it is completely understandable. Unfortunately for someone making their living as a fleet footed defender this is a death sentence as far as production. I want to see him rebound to the player he was but just does not look the same as his Ottawa days. Watch video of breakouts from those days compared to now and you see the difference.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hard to lose faith, but he lost his achilles plus SJ is shitting the bed. Might change next season. Since you are in last, doesn't really hurt to keep him and trade him as soon as he goes off on 5 or so games.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think how some folks perceive and value a player is based on history and expectations. EK was a PPG player, quite an extraordinary accomplishment. I agree that he is now not the player he was in Ottawa. However, lets put things in perspective. Last year, only 12 DMen exceeded 50 Pts! This year, it looks like those numbers will repeat. EK fell short of 50 last year, he only played 53 games, however, his PPG total was only exceed by Burns, Reilly, Giordano and Carlsson. EK needs 14 points down the stretch to hit 50 this year and I suspect he pushes or exceeds 60. His PPG totals have slipped a bit, no he is not a PPG DMan anymore. What he is, is a top 10 defencemen. All this to say, do not base EK's value on what he isn't anymore, base it on what he is today. He is still a top 10 D asset IMO. I value him accordingly.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf