Thread: Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Yamamoto

Hey guys!

I would like to have your input.

Do you think this guy is still a great prospect?

What is his upside?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Yamamoto

This need some context. If it's for a points only league then his value is higher. Are you considering dropping/trading him? If so who else is available.

I'm not good at judging upside, but he's been consistent in the AHL and has 6 pts in 9 gp since his most recent call up. a guy who has proven he can score and put up points consistently in the AHL, yes his numbers haven't greatly improved in the AHL since last season but the team as a whole has regressed and his ppg this year is good for 2nd on the team.

He also will be given the chance to play with guys like Mcdavid and Drai so his upside gets a boost there and the Oilers don't have a lot of better prospects on the wings to take his spot right now either.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Points only yes...

In a keeper's format.

I'm thinking about picking him
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Who are some other options?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just sort of hesitantly traded him as part of a bigger deal. Hoping it doesn't come back to haunt me. Traded Varlamov/Yamamoto/2020 35th pick/2022 15th pick for Reimer/Caufield/Laine.

I think if Yamamoto can hang in the top 6 he has 45-55pt potential. He is not getting any PP time though. If he does, add maybe 10-15 points to that total. This is ceiling imo. Still not 100% sold he holds that role though. I think that is what is wanted and expected though.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Meh. Your move is to pick him up and trade him to someone who thinks he's something. I doubt he will be but Oil is a weird place.

Dobber Sports Master

I have him in my keeper points only league, and am willing to hold on to him for another little bit to see what he has. As can be expected, he has garnered a bit of interest from some other guys, but they will need to overpay if they really want him. If he doesn't pan out, then I will drop him.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    I just sort of hesitantly traded him as part of a bigger deal. Hoping it doesn't come back to haunt me. Traded Varlamov/Yamamoto/2020 35th pick/2022 15th pick for Reimer/Caufield/Laine.

I think if Yamamoto can hang in the top 6 he has 45-55pt potential. He is not getting any PP time though. If he does, add maybe 10-15 points to that total. This is ceiling imo. Still not 100% sold he holds that role though. I think that is what is wanted and expected though.
    Wow.
    Caulfield is arguably a better prospect than Yamamoto and you get Laine on top of that?
    That's a very good deal for you.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Think folks are selling Yamsy a bit short, especially in multicat. He's also racking up the hits and SOG. Despite being small, he plays a very physical game. If he keeps this up he could be a very good multicat player. His G/A potential is huge playing on that team. Playing with McD and Draisatl could up a point total like 20 points or so, relatively. And I definitely prefer Yamamoto to Caufield in points only and multicat, but especially multicat.

I think Yama has just as high potential as Caufield, but Yama gets a big bonus for the team hes on. If you count his hits, sog etc.. it wont be close in multicat I think. He might even add some PIM eventually.

Well, Caufield has great potential surely. But I still prefer Yamsy considering all variables.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)