Thread: Rebuild Mode

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Rebuild Mode

Im in a h2h keep 14 league with 10 teams. Each day we start 2 c, lw, rw, 4d, 2 goalies and a utility (skater).
    Stats are G, a, +/-, pp pts, shots and hits
    W, shots against, gaa, sv% and shutouts.

Roster is
    F: Stamkos, point, svechnikov, marchessault, Nugent-Hopkins, Lindholm, Danault, Staal, Pearson, Orielly and D perron

D: OeL, nurse, q hughes, pulock
    G: BOBROVSKY, Samsonov, Mrazek, merzlikins, koskinen
    ——-------------------------------------------------

So weve got 4.5 weeks left and im in last place. 8 teams make playoffs and in 2 points out.

I've got an uphill battle playing 1,4 5,6 in the next 4 weeks after this week.

This year my goalies are not helping me out.

Im starting to eye players for next year.

So ive got 2 questions.

1) is igor Shesterkin worth either Bobrovsky or marchessault? I danced around with a guy on this trade but he kept moving the goal posts.

2) any other suggestions? Ive been trying to sell off pieces (merzlikins) for picks but no one will part with a first or second period unless their getting a matthews or seguin. (only trades this year that involves 1st was mathews cor seguin plus swapping 1sts) ive suggested a hot merzlikins or a hot david perron is worth more than a 1st next year except maybe Alexis Lafreniere. Just looking for guidance.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rebuild Mode

If we are talking rebuild then yes, I would say Shesterkin is worth the price. I'd be offering Marchessault and keeping Bob and then look to move your other goalies for an upgrade somewhere. Going into next year and beyond with Bob, Shesterkin and Samsonov looks pretty good to me. Certainly with 5 goalie scoring cats you'd be wise to focus on that before moving on to your D and Forwards. I'd try and put some packages together and go after that upgrade. Quantity vs Quality trades still happen, offer Quantity and go after the Quality. would be a suggestion worth consideration.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf