Thread: Werenski/Heiskanen

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Werenski/Heiskanen

Better points only keeper?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Werenski/Heiskanen

Early this season is was definitely Heiskanen, then he slowed down.

I think you'll likely hear Werenski as the answer, hard to deny recent performances.

But Heiskanen could easily have a big year next season and jump back ahead. The talent is there.

Note that I have an interest here... I will have to decide between Heiskanen and Theodore next summer.. I'm hoping Heiskanen has a good second half so I can justify sticking with him.

Edit: I just bought an injured Dougie. C ya Hesiky

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think Werenski this year but I still like Miro long term. Not sure what is going on the second half this year but Dallas is winning so they might not care right now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is close, both these guys are excellent defencemen. However, I'm giving the nod to Werenski for at least the next year and possibly two. Miro is 2 years behind Werenski as an NHL player and I think he still has some development in front of him. A big factor here obviously is PP1. Werenski had Jones to contend with and Miro has Klingberg. The big difference here is that it seems like the PP1 gig in Columbus has fallen to Werenski, it took a few years, but he is now getting that sweet ice time. Heiskenen is still firmly behind Klingberg in this respect. He may get there eventually, but Werenski appears to already be there. Long term I think this could really be a toss up, but a year or two out, Werenski would be my choice.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This is close, both these guys are excellent defencemen. However, I'm giving the nod to Werenski for at least the next year and possibly two. Miro is 2 years behind Werenski as an NHL player and I think he still has some development in front of him. A big factor here obviously is PP1. Werenski had Jones to contend with and Miro has Klingberg. The big difference here is that it seems like the PP1 gig in Columbus has fallen to Werenski, it took a few years, but he is now getting that sweet ice time. Heiskenen is still firmly behind Klingberg in this respect. He may get there eventually, but Werenski appears to already be there. Long term I think this could really be a toss up, but a year or two out, Werenski would be my choice.
    Summed it up nicely.