Thread: Did I pay too much for hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Did I pay too much for hellebuyck

14 team Keep 5 league where goalies are a premium and have not updated signature for a long while. I'm far and away the highest scoring team. But my duo of holtby and jones has been catastrophic to say the least. Holtby at least accrues wins but is no longer eating the bulk of the starts and his gaa and sv% and overall saves have been hurting me . Jones is obviously a catastrophe.

My 5 keepers were mcdavid, Crosby, o'reilly holtby and Jones last year.

Drafted huberdeau, stone, zibĂ*nejad, yandle,
    Reinhart and was hot on the waiver wire so even when Crosby and zibanejad went down I was slaying offensively.

Traded holtby and huberdeau and a 3rd for hellebuyck, Braden schenn and a 5th.

My reasoning being holtby may end up a red wing or a senator for all I know next year given how samsonov is playing and backstrom being resigned. And Jones is 2 years of bad in a row.

Goalies are notoriously hard to get in trade in this league since 14 teams mean 28 goalies out just to have 2.

The jets have a young core and Hellboy is outstanding despite that putrid defense. I like his chances of rebounding from this bad stretch.

Instead of keeping 2 goalies, I could keep Crosby, mcdavid, zibanejad, O'Reilly and hellebuyck.

Did I overpay?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Did I pay too much for hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Did I overpay?
    You traded from a position of strength for a position of weakness and need. Well done.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"