Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rust vs Konecny

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rust vs Konecny

Who would you prefer for the remainder of this season, Konecny or Rust?

G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Rust vs Konecny

Rust is mighty hot but I prefer Konecny as a player.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Rust is mighty hot but I prefer Konecny as a player.
    Agree

Dobber Sports Immortal

Me as well. When it is close like this I always try to go with the guy who is less dependent on linemates.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Konecny for dayzzzzz
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Administrator

You posted this in the keeper section. Are there any keeper ramifications here? Or is it strictly ROS?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You posted this in the keeper section. Are there any keeper ramifications here? Or is it strictly ROS?
    Both could potentially be keepers but I’m curious as to who people prefer for the remainder of this season as I may package one of them into a trade offer.

Administrator

Both could have a lot of value for different reasons. Rust is crazy productive ATM but screams sell high. Konecny is more of a keeper type but his age and draft position makes him valuable to rebuilding teams.

In a a keeper league I'd prefer Konecny but by all means put both on the block and see what's out there.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think the difference is:

Konecny is finally giving us what we expected
    Rust is giving us a surprise that no one expected.

Konecny will get you more in a trade. He's also the safer option to repeat next year.
    Rust.... I'd almost want this production to replicate next year to trust he's for real

I expect them both to push 75pts for the season (allows for some regression with Rust)
    If I'm competing this year - I ride them both.

If I'm looking to make a deal - capitalize on Rust as he's the bigger risk moving forward
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

konecny is safer option this season and next.

Dobber Sports Monster

Agree with most of what has been said already, but I'll just add this: Rust is producing alongside Malkin. And if you know anything about Malkin...there's a certain level of risk hitching your wagon to him or any player who plays with him. Rust is the clear #1 winger on the team right now but that could change by the deadline. I don't know exactly what will happen, but Konecny is producing as you would hope/expect so I give him the slight edge.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

A guy in my league offers me trades almost daily. He owns Konecny. I own Rust. If he was to offer me Konecny for Rust, I wouldn't accept.

Rust averages 2:55 more minutes TOI. Since Sid's return 5-games ago, Rust has logged over 20 minutes TOI in three of those games with one at 21 minutes and another over 23.

A Malkin injury is a concern but he'd just play with Sid instead. Of course, Pens may make a trade but I can't imagine the person they'd trade for would be more valuable to them ROS than Rust has been. Bigger concern is Rust, himself, getting injured.

Just checked the mid-season guide projections for ROS. I knew Rust's but had forgotten Konecny's. I feel uneasy about my statement of holding Rust over Konecny now.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd want Konecny rest of season and going forward, unless Rust is the new #1 winger on the Penguins - which he's not. He's the #1 winger for the rest of season, most likely. Guentzel should take that mantle right back from him.

Rust was playing with Malkin & Crosby when they were being double shifted against the Flyers, but that's Guentzel as the third guy when he's healthy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I own Rust in my league and his trade value is still low, because no one is sure if this is just a great outlier season for him, or hes come into his own and this can be repeated again. Im not sure who the true Rust is yet.

For me, I dont view Rust as a keeper yet over other options, so hes way more valuable to keep on my team this season and ride his hot hand than the trade value I would be able to get back for him.

If you’re not contending to win this year, you might be sell high to get some nice piece back for him. I would easily trade him for Konecny if I was thinking long term

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    A guy in my league offers me trades almost daily. He owns Konecny. I own Rust. If he was to offer me Konecny for Rust, I wouldn't accept.

Rust averages 2:55 more minutes TOI. Since Sid's return 5-games ago, Rust has logged over 20 minutes TOI in three of those games with one at 21 minutes and another over 23.

A Malkin injury is a concern but he'd just play with Sid instead. Of course, Pens may make a trade but I can't imagine the person they'd trade for would be more valuable to them ROS than Rust has been. Bigger concern is Rust, himself, getting injured.

Just checked the mid-season guide projections for ROS. I knew Rust's but had forgotten Konecny's. I feel uneasy about my statement of holding Rust over Konecny now.
    You need to look deeper.

Rust's S% right now is 19.1% vs 12.3% historically. He should be closer to 13 goals right now.

Rust's 5on5 S% right now is 14.6% vs 9% historically. He should be closer to 28 points than 43 (a 63 point pace vs a 98 point pace).

You are right, his ice time is up but that is due to injuries and opportunities. When the team is healthy, I don't think that is maintained. When that comes down, so will his shot rate (currently 3/game vs 1.9/game last year) which will limit opportunities for points. Even if it doesn't come all the way down to historical numbers, you're still looking at a 50-60 point guy without the pedigree.

There isn't much that says Konecny can't sustain his current pace. Maybe his S% is a little high this year, but 5on5 S% is fine. Chances are his icetime increases from 17:00 as he grows which will increase his opportunities to put up points. You're probably looking at a 70-80 point player with a pedigree.

If I had to bet on Rest of Season, I'm going with Konecny.

If I had to pick a keeper, I'm going with Konecny.