Thread: Last Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Last Keeper

With 1 defenseman left to protect after Carlson, Hughes and Hronek...

Theodore $5,4M (5 years) or A. Boqvist $1,744 (2 years) ?

For Cap league in signature, already committed to protecting $65,5M of the NHL cap next season for 11 of my 12 keepers (20 starting players count towards cap).

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Last Keeper

I would lean towards Theodore.
    Any reason you have to decide right now though?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

Theodore for me. Further along in his career, ready to jump
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would lean towards Theodore.
    Any reason you have to decide right now though?
    Thanks for your input. No real reason aside from my league has been pretty quiet since there's such a huge gap between 1st and 2nd place so no one seems to wanna trade much. Figuring out my keepers to offer up a few trades.

Originally Posted by Dobber
    Theodore for me. Further along in his career, ready to jump

Thanks for your input. I was leaning more towards Theodore but Boqvist is so highly ranked (upside) in the ''You'' Guide. Plus as I mentioned I'm already protecting so much salary. Guess I'll just be the one drafting a bunch of low salary players at the next draft so I can keep the best team.

Could either of you let me know If I got my keepers right with team in signature? Would be greatly appreciated.

McDavid $12,5
    Eichel $10
    Crosby $8,7
    Pasta $6,667
    Huberdeau $5,9
    J Hughes $3,775
    Debrincat $6,4

Carlson $8
    Q Hughes $1,6
    Hronek $0,913
    Theodore $5,2M

Hart $0,863

Total cap for 12 players out of 20 = $70,6M out of whatever the cap will be next season.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Titan

I would look at either Thomas or Mantha over DeBrincat for next year since you're so tight to the cap. Would also keep an open mind on Gustafsson over Theodore depending on his next contract.
    How long can you wait to decide?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would look at either Thomas or Mantha over DeBrincat for next year since you're so tight to the cap. Would also keep an open mind on Gustafsson over Theodore depending on his next contract.
    How long can you wait to decide?
    We have till beginning august to decide, right after arbitration cases are resolved.

I actually traded a 3rd rounder yesterday to acquire Debrincat in what I'm hoping could be a good buy low. I figured a third rounder (21st overall) is a small price to pay. Will see by season's end.

I like Thomas and got him as a free agent a few weeks ago to see how rest of season would go. My thinking was I could either keep him or use him as trade bait since GMs in my league often go crazy for young low salary guys. Only thing I'm worried about is him actually cracking the top 6 on a packed Blues team.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have never done cap leagues they definitely interest me, I will say I see boqvist being better than theodore, something about theodores shot turns me off and I watch vegas a lot, boquist is the future and if im correct the 4 million dollar difference would allow you to add a great player so boquist and a 4 million dollar player is more valuable for me than theodore himself