Thread: Debrincat

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Debrincat

Is he a buy cheap option or not? How many points are you expecting next 3 seasons?

Have a chance to get him in a trade (league in sig) but not sure if he's an upgrade from what I already have. His salary is going up to $6,4M for the next 3 seasons.

Here are my keepers so far so I have a spot at Forward and D left to decide.

McDavid $12,5
    Eichel $10
    Crosby $8,7
    Pasta $6,667
    Huberdeau $5,9
    J Hughes $3,775

Carlson $8
    Q Hughes $1,6
    Hronek $0,913

Hart $0,863

Would you change any of my keepers?

Any opinion/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Debrincat

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    Is he a buy cheap option or not? How many points are you expecting next 3 seasons?

Have a chance to get him in a trade (league in sig) but not sure if he's an upgrade from what I already have. His salary is going up to $6,4M for the next 3 seasons.

Here are my keepers so far so I have a spot at Forward and D left to decide.

McDavid $12,5
    Eichel $10
    Crosby $8,7
    Pasta $6,667
    Huberdeau $5,9
    J Hughes $3,775

Carlson $8
    Q Hughes $1,6
    Hronek $0,913

Hart $0,863

Would you change any of my keepers?

Any opinion/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I absolutely think he's a buy low. Hughes is going to be real good, but will he be as good as DeBrincat has been so far in his career? Hughes is not in the Calibre of Matthews, Eichel, Lafreniere etc. I'd see what Hughes can get you in a deal for DeBrincat (and probably plus). Some may call me crazy, but that's my stance.

I fully expect a bounce back from DeBrincat and I'd explore all avenues to get him.

Dobber Sports Master

Forum buzz article from today will give you lots of info. Buy low.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    I absolutely think he's a buy low. Hughes is going to be real good, but will he be as good as DeBrincat has been so far in his career? Hughes is not in the Calibre of Matthews, Eichel, Lafreniere etc. I'd see what Hughes can get you in a deal for DeBrincat (and probably plus). Some may call me crazy, but that's my stance.

I fully expect a bounce back from DeBrincat and I'd explore all avenues to get him.
    Owner asking for a 3rd rounder for Debrincat. He also has Bjorkstrand that I'm interested in but he says he's a sure keeper for him unless I offer something very interesting.

Would you or anyone else be tempted to offer Hughes + 3rd round pick (21st overall since I'm winning this season and pick last) for both Bjorkstrand and Debrincat? Or would you just settle for Debrincat against my 3rd rounder?

The only hesitation I have is the $6,4M cap for Debrincat and I am already protecting a large % of my cap space so I'd be drafting very cheap contracts next year.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Stud

3rd for DeBrincat is something you shouldn't even finish reading my response for and just accept.

I like Bjorkstrand, but I'd settle for just the 3rd for the Cat and start the car like that IKEA commercial and get the hell out of there as fast as you can.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyone else? GM gonna get back to me by days end.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would take DeBrincat for a 3rd without hesitation. Just put his shooting pourcentage where it should be (around 14-15%, for this type of player) and you have almost 10 more goals. I think its a great buy low chance

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Trade done. My 3rd round pick + Fabbri for his Debrincat. Guess I'll be drafting a bunch of entry level contracts next fall since I'll already have a pretty high cap protected.

Now all I have left to decide is my last D keeper. Will be between Theodore and Boqvist.

I have a huge lead so I might be able to get a pick or 2 back by trading Josi (huge pay raise next season) to someone competing for 2nd (first 2 places paid)

Thanks all.