Thread: Rebuilding in a Keeper League

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Rebuilding in a Keeper League

Before diving into the potential trade, here is relevant information regarding my league format.

- 12 teams
    - H2H ESPN League
    - Roster size: 20 --> Dress 16 players 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G with the last 4 slots being used for bench/IR (max 2IR slots)
    - 5 keepers per team
    - Skater Categories: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits, D Points

I'm currently selling off/rebuilding and have these players pegged as potential keepers: Barzal, Boeser, Tarasenko, Klingberg, Werenski, Chabot
    I have a trade coming together and would like your thoughts.
    Give: Couturier, Dadonov, DeAngelo
    Get: Seguin, plug, plug

I'm currently seeing if I can get a slight pick upgrade and waiting for his response. Let's assume that no draft picks are involved at this time and the deal is for the players listed above, what are your thoughts? Is this fair value to acquire Seguin? My thought process with this deal is that Seguin would be one of my 5 keepers as I'm not entirely sold on Barzal, Chabot, Werenski, hell even Tarasenko scares me with his injury.
    Definite keeper list then looks like: Seguin, Klingberg, and wait till seasons end to settle on Boeser, Barzal, Tarasenko, Werenski, Chabot. Feel free to share your list of 5 players that you'd keep.

This is my first post so hopefully I didn't miss any critical information. Let me know if you need more information on my team/league settings. Thanks for stopping by!
    Last edited by Mr. Monotonous; January 22, 2020 at 6:50 PM. Reason: Additional league information

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Rebuilding in a Keeper League

That's a hard no from me. Couturier looks more like a keeper to me than some of the guys you list, honestly. I want him over Barzal, at least.

Getting Seguin is a good idea, but I'd look to move Barzal who doesn't hit or shoot much.

We don't know how many teams you have or how many you start at what positions. If you break out wingers, Seguin move up a notch, and the centers drop down.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Rebuilding in a Keeper League

I'd keep DeAngelo over Klingberg too. DeAngelo will increase in the Hits, PPP and SOG categories. I know he's still too new, but I believe in him. You have to dress 5D so I'd be more than fine with keeping Werenski, DeAngelo, Chabot, Tarasenko and Barzal (or Couturier, I'm torn)
    If Barzal, Dadonov and Klingberg can get you Seguin and two plugs I'd do that.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi