Thread: A B or C?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default A B or C?

Teams in Sig . Keep 4 so 5th round is highest pick you can trade . Currently in second but 2nd to 6th is tight.
    I picked up Igor Shesterkin so he is now gonna be one of my keepers so I have blackwood and khubodin on the T Block.
    My other keepers as of right now are Quinn Hughes, Svechnikov and Zimbanad.
    Would you guys in my shoes

A. Keep team as is. Make a couple small trades to help my team win. Ex: trade 6th rounder for a Krug or Pionk. And just keep my keepers as is?

B. Go for it and Give up most of my picks (I have 2 fifth rounders from previous trade) and try to grab another keeper to replace (Zimbanejed) Kind of in talks with another GM for Draistile. I understand if I do this it's got to be a big name player and my hopes for next year are over.
    My thinking is my other keepers Igor S, Svech and Q. Hughes are super young so why not go for it this year....give away all my picks for another big name and forget about next year. By doing this it will allow my young keepers to develop. And hopefully get some good FA pick ups and trade them for draft picks next year and jump back on the horse 2021-22 draft/year.

C. You guys insert if you have a better idea. Lol

It's my first head to head pool and it's also the pools first year. The 1st place GM is stacked pretty good. He traded away most of his picks. Just want to hear from you guys and what you've experienced in the past.
    Thanks
    20 team H2H Keep up to 4 . G/A/PPP/SOG/HITS/BS/Corsi SV%/GAA/W/SO
    6F 4D 2G 4Reserve.

F - Draisaitl, B. Tkatchuk,

G - Igor Shesterkin

I...am your father.

Default Re: A B or C?

I wouldn't give away my picks. I would instead try for some player for player trades using some of the names on here who are bigger namewise than they are producing. Landeskog, Hertl and Meier are big names not doing much and could draw interest. But you do have to take a run at 1st, so trading one or two picks if necessary to get it done is fine
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

You need goaltending
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    You need goaltending
    Thanks for the advice guys.

And I know about my tending situation, Especially because buddy in 1st who stacked his team is super weak between the pipes. Im keeping Igor so hopefully that pans out and he gets to play. That leaves me with Blackwood, Khubodin and Grubauer. Im gonna start talking to some other GMS and see what they have to offer for their tenders but I dont think its gonna be cheap. I might get a 6th rounder for Blackwood. If thats the case maybe ill try to upgrade Khobodin for a Starter. Id like to Upgrade Grubauer but might not get minimum starts with having Khobodin and Shesterken as backups.
    6F 4D 2G 4Reserve.

G - Igor Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

In talks now with GM
    My Landeskog, Blackwood, 5th and 7th for his Malkin, Greiss, 14,16

(5th is highest pick you can trade)
    I think he will counter and want the 7th bumped up but even if I should pull this trigger right?
    6F 4D 2G 4Reserve.

G - Igor Shesterkin