Thread: Pick 2 out of 3: Keller / B. Tkachuk / D. Strome

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pick 2 out of 3: Keller / B. Tkachuk / D. Strome

Hi guys!

Title says it almost entirely. Points only Dynasty league with 18 teams and 18 players per team. I am working out the last few picks for my keepers next year and I was wondering which of the 2 following three forwards would you keep in order to maximize production in the next 1-3 years; Dylan Strome, Brady Tkachuk or Clayton Keller? Pick two.

Thanks a lot for your inputs!
    7 Keepers Salary Cap League (81.5M Cap)/ 18 Teams / 10 FW, 5 D, 2G, 1 Bench). Every 10 games, we compute Top 8 forwards, top 4 Ds and top goalie for those 10 games, then we store the points and computer for the next 10 games, so on and so forth.
    FW: 1pt = 1 FPt
    D: 1pt = 1 FPt & +/- = +or- 1 FPt
    G: (TOI*0.05/GAA)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pick 2 out of 3: Keller / B. Tkachuk / D. Strome

You know my thoughts already, but I'll just re-iterate for everyone else that it's a cap league, as you didn't specifically put that in your post.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Points only salary cap league. Man thats tough seeing as DStrome is in the last year of his ELC and we have no idea what he will get going forward. BTkachuk still has one more year left on his ELC and Keller just got paid.

Im not going to lie, I hate Keller at $7.15 in a cap league. I dont see the value there for me but others do.

Non-cap points only, I'd have them Keller, Strome and Tkachuk

Cap points only, knowing what I know today, I'd rank them Strome, Tkachuk and Keller.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You know my thoughts already, but I'll just re-iterate for everyone else that it's a cap league, as you didn't specifically put that in your post.
    Haha, yes indeed Thank you Eskimo!

It is a cap league.
    7 Keepers Salary Cap League (81.5M Cap)/ 18 Teams / 10 FW, 5 D, 2G, 1 Bench). Every 10 games, we compute Top 8 forwards, top 4 Ds and top goalie for those 10 games, then we store the points and computer for the next 10 games, so on and so forth.
    FW: 1pt = 1 FPt
    D: 1pt = 1 FPt & +/- = +or- 1 FPt
    G: (TOI*0.05/GAA)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Points only salary cap league. Man thats tough seeing as DStrome is in the last year of his ELC and we have no idea what he will get going forward. BTkachuk still has one more year left on his ELC and Keller just got paid.

Im not going to lie, I hate Keller at $7.15 in a cap league. I dont see the value there for me but others do.

Non-cap points only, I'd have them Keller, Strome and Tkachuk

Cap points only, knowing what I know today, I'd rank them Strome, Tkachuk and Keller.
    I see where people are at with Keller, there's a lot of very good players in the league who were at similar points/game as Keller through their first 3 seasons. And if you buy into Striker's gp threshold (200 for regular fwds, 400 for small/large fwds), Keller is both right on the edge of that small player profile (170lbs/5'10"), and below that 400gp bar (249gp). Either way you look at it, his breakout, if it is indeed coming, is obviously yet to come. And probably won't come until next season... when he's making $7+ a season. Interestingly enough, another $7 million dollar kid, Kyle Connor, literally broke out at 200gp. Think he played his 200th game right at the end of October, and since has been clipping along at a 92 point pace.

Getting off topic though!

Strome I think will get at least $7 next season (interestingly enough, he hasn't played 200 games yet in the NHL, not sure if the GP breakout threshold idea takes AHL into consideration). And I think it's likely that Tkachuk gets similar numbers+ the year after, but he's a bigger guy, might take a bit longer to breakout.

Based on their current numbers, you gotta go Strome/Tkachuk. Keller's $7.15 isn't worth it for 50 points. But, if Keller breaks out on schedule next season (and maybe Strome a bit more as well), and Tkachuk still hasn't broken out going into his second contract (also: Ottawa), gotta think Keller/Strome would be the way to go.

Anyway, feels like the homerun play is Keller/Strome, so I'd probably take those two, even though you're risking a much higher $/point if Keller doesn't breakout. Strome/Tkachuk if your appetite for risk is low.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster