Thread: Drop Grubauer for Shesterkin!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop Grubauer for Shesterkin!!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Shesterkin was dropped by one of the other GM's last night. I'm currently in 1st place with a 13-2 record. With all your advice, I had dropped Dubnyk last week and picked up Grubauer. I also added Korpisalo to my IR+ for some options. I will probably drop Korpisalo as I have too many Columbus players already.

With Shesterkin coming available, do you think he is a good pick up based on the fact that I already have Vas. I've watched the kid and he is playing well with a very shotty defense in front of him. I want to pick him up for what he can become in the future as we are in a semi keeper league, but hesitant based on the fact I want to win the championship this year.

Do you think he would be a good pick up and and compliment Vas as opposed to Grubauer?

Thanks for your help!!

Molson Canadian - Semi Keeper League - 14 Teams

Categories
    FWD/D - Goals (3), Asts(2), PPP(1), Game Winning Goal(1) SOG (.2), Hits (0.3), Blocks (0.3),
    GOALIE - Wins (4), GA (-1), Saves (0.2), SO (2)
    Roster Positions: [B] C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR + (For Goalies)

Daily Starts - H 2 H Settings, Weekly Mon to Sun (Yahoo)

Keepers are in BOLD

Forwards - Wheeler (C/RW), Suzuki (C/RW), Huberdeau (LW), Borkstrand (LW/RW), Ehlers (LW,RW), Puljujarvi (RW), E Lindholm
    Burakovsky (LW/RW), Batherson (RW)
    Defence - Drysdale, Makar, Seider, Krug
    Goal - Shesterkin, Petersen
    IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Drop Grubauer for Shesterkin!!

He just got sent back to the AHL.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't get it... if they were going to send him down why not do it sooner so he could participate in the AHL All Star game? This timing is very odd.

Dobber Sports Pro

Just getting him more games during the All Star break? I assume he will be back in a Rangers uniform once things get going again.

I think he will be a much better goalie than Grubhauer long term, but whether you can get by without him playing a ton in the meantime is something you need to judge.

For what it is worth, I am in first place by a very large margin in my league and I am rostering Jarry, Lehner, Shesterkin, and Kuemper (IR). I fully intend to keep Shesterkin because I think he will be a force for many years to come.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Breadman/DzingelBarries

Thanks for the info!! That explains why he was dropped. I also believe he should be back after the all star break..

Our league has a max of 2 pick ups per week, so I could pick him up for free right now and he would be a keeper for the next three years! I understand long term he would be a great add....but short term...do you think he would be enough with Vas as my other GK?

Let me know your thoughts!!

Categories
    FWD/D - Goals (3), Asts(2), PPP(1), Game Winning Goal(1) SOG (.2), Hits (0.3), Blocks (0.3),
    Roster Positions: [B] C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR + (For Goalies)

Keepers are in BOLD

Forwards - Wheeler (C/RW), Suzuki (C/RW), Huberdeau (LW), Borkstrand (LW/RW), Ehlers (LW,RW), Puljujarvi (RW), E Lindholm
    IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

BTW one other point...we can only keep a max of 2 goalies...can't keep 3...

So I would have Vas and Shesterkin for the remainder of the season..

Categories

Keepers are in BOLD

IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I don't get it... if they were going to send him down why not do it sooner so he could participate in the AHL All Star game? This timing is very odd.
    The AHL all star game is this weekend as well. I think he was sent down specifically to play in it (as well as hartford's other games), the AHL is fairly used to changing up their all-star rosters depending who is available.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is it possible for you to move Guentzel to IR, drop Drouin, and pick up Shesterkin? Since you are 1st right now, you should be competing and Grubauer should continue to help you this year.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I wouldn't expect him to get a lot of starts until if/when Georgiev gets dealt. If he goes by the deadline then Igor is a jackpot. He'll be great either way, just hard to roster for a team in 1st place right now

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sorry I just updated my Signature. Guentzel is already on IR. I am waiting for Drouin to come back from IR. He is taking an active roster spot. I can drop Drouin but our league rules are we cannot keep 3 GK's. We are only allowed 2.

So to pick up Shesterkin, I would need to drop Grubauer!

Categories

Keepers are in BOLD

IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I had Dubnyk until last week as as second GK. Somehow I got away with it till now. Maybe Im pushing my luck!!

Categories

Keepers are in BOLD

IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Grubauer for now. If someone just dropped Shesterkin, he will likely sit there until after the break.

Plus, you're in first, and while I believe that you should try to always make the playoffs; sometimes you need to not hurt the present for an uncertain future.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If you're competing to win this year - keep Grubauer
    If you can't win this year - make the swap
    ... or could you trade Grubs for something? anything?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

I hate this decision because I think Shesterkin is a far superior goalie. In fact, I think Francouz is a better goalie than Grubauer too, and that he should steal the Avalanche net if given the opportunity. But if you can only hold two goalies it is really hard to advocate dropping Grub for Shesty right now based on the disparity in starts they should get and how good their teams currently are.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all your inputs. I will keep Grub for now....Igor wont picked up as Lenher is available along with Samsonov. I will need to keep a track as to what happens in the Rangers.