Thread: Merzlikins: Keeper or sell high?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Merzlikins: Keeper or sell high?

With Korpisalo out and Merzlikins playing awesome. The question has come up, what will happen when Korpisalo comes back?

I've reaped the benefits of Merzlikins but do i keep him and hope he steals the starter job or hope for a 50/50 split or sell high and reap the benefits.

In a 10 team league. Categories: G, A, +/-, pp pts, shots, hits. Wins, shots against, gaa, sv% and shutouts

G: Bobvrosky, Mrazek, samsonov, koskinen and merzlikins

D: Pulock, OEL, Nurse, Q. HUGHES

F: Stamkos, Point, Danault, Lindholm, Svechnikov, Marchessault, Perron, Parise, Pearson, McCann, Orielly.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Merzlikins: Keeper or sell high?

One plausible rationale for what has happened is (1) Columbus is running a strong defensive system, which helps the goalies and (2) Merzlikins had butterflies in his first North American starts, which he has since overcome. If that's the case, it seems likely that Torts will split starts/go with the hot hand and that both goalies will have some value. I'd guess that once Korpisalo returns, we'll get decent percentage numbers 2.50 GAA/.915 SV% with the starts split, more or less, between them.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sell high IF you can actually sell high. Don't just sell for whatever you can get. Sell if you get good value.

Goalies are so volatile, and you have the goalie coverage otherwise.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sell high IF you can actually sell high. Don't just sell for whatever you can get. Sell if you get good value.

Goalies are so volatile, and you have the goalie coverage otherwise.
    Took the words out of my mouth